Director Insurance Analytics / Principal II - Research & Development
Job ID: 20161213-8679-RE
Verisk Analytics has an amazing story to tell. In 2016, Forbes magazine named Verisk Analytics to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list and to its America’s Best Large Employers list. If you’re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us.
At Verisk, you can build a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work; create a positive, lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you should advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advancedtechnologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Verisk Analytics is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, and financial services. We’ve been delivering data, analytics, and decision support services to our customers for more than 45 years. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including thecommunities where we operate.
ISO Solutions group of Verisk Insurance Solutions, is seeking an experienced data scientist toserve as the lead technical resource in the development of new insurance products and supports the enhancement of existing products.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. CPCU or comparable professional designation desired.
- Minimum fifteen years product development experience desired.
- Effectively represents interests of department.
- Effectively communicates (i.e., interpersonal, written, oral) with colleagues, staff, and external customers.
- Ability to function effectively in a project leadership capacity. Coordinate and lead interdepartmental project / research teams.
- Demonstrated ability to research complex insurance-related issues and develop and present concise/comprehensive recommendations for management consideration.
- Excellent knowledge of computer technical environment.
- Active pursuit of professional development.
- Knowledgeable of insurance industry trends and emerging issues.
- Excellent research skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Controls the conceptual and technical development of new and revised insurance coverages, as assigned, in response to changing business environment. Reviews industry news and events for their impact on ISO insurance programs.
- Controls the research, preparation and presentation of agenda items to provide insurer panels with all the background, staff analysis, alternatives, and recommendations needed to assess issues and provide advice. Controls the preparation of related panel minutes.
- Supports the preparation of statewide and multistate product filings, including technical explanations.
- Performs and may direct the conceptual and technical development of new and revised insurance products in response to changing insurer needs.
- Monitors industry news and events for impact on ISO products and customers.
- May work with Corporate Communications to develop educational material to accompany the introduction of new ISO products.
- Responsible for development and presentation of instructive material on new or revised products or emerging issues, for industry seminars or similar forum including webex and/or website presentation.
- May participate in special industry panels relative to the department's lines of insurance.
Coordinates with specific-line to ensure that all work, including the electronic and paper delivery of products is accomplished in accordance with workflow requirements and established standards of productivity, quality, and timeliness.
- Controls prompt responses to inquiries from customers, regulators, agent associations and other industry groups. May develop or assist in developing official responses explaining ISO position and participate in teleconferences when necessary.
- Participate in a collaborative process with all affected disciplines in finalizing product revisions and filings.
- May review the analysis of company programs to determine independent status and impact on statistical plans.
- Conducts and controls in-depth historical research and trend analysis.
- Controls the preparation of special projects, as assigned.
- Assists in the development, administration and monitoring of Division objectives for area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the performance of assigned staff on particular projects. Serve as mentor to line staff and assist in training and development of staff.
- Monitor and communicate developments in project status to AVPs and senior management as needed.
- Perform and direct consulting projects (e.g., policy comparisons and PHNs for companies looking to switch from a competitor to an ISO program, specialized 3rd party policy form development, etc.).
- Coordinate improvements to Commercial Lines electronic product deliverables and platforms (ISOnet; ILS Website; etc.).
- Provide input regarding staff performance on research projects.
- Complete all responsibilities as outlined on the annual performance plan and other duties as assigned.
- Complete all special projects and other duties as assigned.
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
We offer an excellent compensation package. Our benefits package is competitive and includes full healthcare options, a 401(k) plan, and generous paid time off program.
Verisk Analytics is and Equal Opportunity Employer
Expertise --Predictive Analytics
Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Job Type Full Time
Location NJ-Jersey City
Years of Experience +10 Years