TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
We are looking for an experienced results-driven, execution-focused sales professional to head up Inside Sales for the Region. Reporting to the Vice President of Global Inside Sales, Hotel Solutions, the successful candidate will drive execution building a world-class programmatic inside sales team to significantly grow revenue in the region and maximize customer engagement and success.
About this role:
S/he will have the skills and experience to make TripAdvisor the partner of choice for the hospitality industry, driving and leading an inside sales team and engaging closely with our customer base of hotels. This will include the ability to flawlessly execute on a Go-to-Market Business Plan that will achieve the revenue target and associated Key Performance Indicators.
The role will involve evangelizing the business internally and externally, leading the execution of the inside sales team in the region, working closely with the Global Functional Leads and other internal teams such as Marketing, Customer Services, Training and Development, Finance, Analytics, Product and Engineering teams. The individual will have a proven track record of process-driven, programmatic execution in a high-volume, low-value inside sale organization.
This role will head up a growing team of Inside Sales Executives and Consultants across Business Development, Optimization (Customer Success) and Continuity (Renewals) and will be part of the Inside Sales Global Senior Leadership team.
- Significantly grow the existing business by developing new business in the Region, optimizing and ensuring continuity with existing customers, plus expanding the markets served.
- Achieve and exceed agreed monthly, quarterly and yearly targets.
- Collaborate on and execute the business plan to exceed agreed financial and non-financial targets ensuring TripAdvisor becomes the preferred marketing channel for hotels
- Attract, Hire, retain & build talent across multiple cultures and languages and manage performance effectively
- Lead, coach and inspire the inside sales organization and create an environment and culture with a sense of urgency and accomplishment to exceed targets
- Work collaboratively with Global Functional Leads globally for continuous improvement and roll out changes required in our Go-to-Market in an effective and timely manner
- Identify, assess, and prioritize target segments and priority leads in order to build revenues quickly.
- Sponsor selected strategic properties to ensure closure working closely with the customer and the inside sales executive/consultant
- Leverage business insights to drive business targets and follow a weekly/monthly governance model to review and drive forecasts, pipeline and related KPIs
- Communicate customer needs to Global Functional Leads, in order to refine how we generate necessary customer interest, sales motions, including new product development, launches, promotions
- The success of this role will be measured by achievement against revenue targets and other key performance indicators on business development, optimization and continuity and subsequent goals to be defined.
- At least 10 years’ commercial experience in sales at leading travel/hospitality companies, directory/listings, e-commerce, subscription, social networking, or media/publishing company where digital and inside sales is an essential part of the value proposition.
- Proven ability to grow a business regionally into a significant revenue-generating one.
- A leader and motivational coach with a track record of achievement through others and working within a matrix environment.
- Experience leading inside sales teams
- Demonstrable sales ability with a proven track record of success in process-driven, programmatic, high volume, lower value sales with a focus on coverage
- Results-driven and inspiring in executing on and achieving significant sales targets.
- Confident presenter with excellent verbal and written presentation skills, and ability to work with relevant industry trade organizations in the region.
- Ability to execute whilst at the same time maintain a strategic vision and define/defend TripAdvisor’s value proposition.
- Ability to lead by example in a fast-paced environment with a hands-on approach and demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Strong organization and analytic skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, both direct and through digital systems, in order to both lead by example and recognize and meet customer support needs.
- Bachelor’s degree is a must and post-grad studies such as MBA desirable.
- A second language appropriate to the region an advantage.