Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about driving revenue growth by leading a team of talented inside sales representatives.
As Inside Sales Director, you’ll play a key role in our company’s growth strategy. Reporting to the Chief Customer Officer (CCO), you will be responsible for coaching and leading the development and growth of our Inside Sales Team that is based in Cambridge, MA. In this role, successful candidates will leverage their sales and sales management expertise to optimize all facets and stages of the DigitalOcean inside sales process. To accomplish this you will collaborate with the CCO and Director of Sales Ops and others across the organization to create a predictive and data-driven inside sales growth engine.
As a people manager, you will be required to support your team through mentorship, sales coaching and training, weekly 1:1 meetings, and career development discussions. Experience with innovative lead development and leadgeneration programs, systems management, planning, reporting, sales process optimization, sales program implementation, and sales policy definition and management is critical for this position.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide overall leadership and management of our Customer Account Managers.
- Identify, continuously improve, and integrate all sales processes and policies, including but not limited to, lead management process, commissions, sales recruiting and hiring,
- Recruit, train, motivate and lead the Inside Sales team in pursuit of your assigned target.
- Provide an accurate assessment of pipeline and opportunity management for your teams.
- Own lead distribution and management in collaboration with marketing
- Lead cross-functional initiatives in support of sales process improvement and enablement.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Track record of success as an Inside Sales leader exceeding revenue goals ata high growth SaaS company.
- Excellent analytical and business intelligence skills.
- Expertise in Salesforce and the Salesforce ecosystem or other sales related software.
- Demonstrated ability to translate data and metrics into predictable business insights.
- Ability to work with Sales Leadership and extended leadership team.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to present and explain data in a simple yet compelling manner.
- Consistent top performance against assigned goals.
- High growth, start-up experience in a SaaS company is a plus.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to supportyour physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips toand from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees withKindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces locatedin the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches tokeep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack tocommunicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.