$200K — $250K *
Director, Information Technology, TMC
The Director Information Technology (IT), Terumo Medical Corporation (TMC) is responsible for analyzing and directing all IT and business application systems and ensuring continuity of IT services for users within TMC. In collaboration with internal stakeholders, the Director IT – TMC will be responsible for evaluating and partnering with hardware and software suppliers to provide high availability of systems in a cost-effective manner. Additionally, this position will play a leadership role with the management of the Hyperion Systems portfolio used for planning, forecasting, reporting, and consolidation purposes. This position is responsible for overseeing the program management of all phases of IT projects, working with cross functional leadership and in strong collaboration with the Director, IT responsible for Terumo entities. Provides leadership over IT activities supporting the TMC business, including strategy development, budget and cost management, proposal development, product and service acquisition and delivery, and communication activities to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery and customer satisfaction. Accountable for evaluating internal technical needs and recommending solutions. The Director IT will partner with and have frequent interaction with the TMC/TAH Management team and Associates.
1. Develop a deep understanding of TMC applications, customers, and business processes, and identify areas of potential improvement or possible problems and document requirements for improving the operations. These solutions may consist of new or changed processes, people, or technologies.
2. Proactively monitor facility and equipment requirements and ensure quality and timely maintenance of office and field-based infrastructure/equipment – laptops, printers, mobile devices and audio visual support.
3. Programs/project management of all phases of TMC IT projects, working with cross functional leadership. Engage with business users and project teams in comprehending project scope, requirements and functions introduced, new processes and data flows and provide cross functional project leadership.
4. Partners with the Finance department to design and actively maintain Hyperion systems and manages end user support, training, reporting assistance and process documentation to internal customers.
5. Ensures the processes around month-end close, quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting run smoothly from a Hyperion system perspective and partners closely with key users and leads the governance process for changes to systems architecture based on business needs.
6. Resolves competing demands related to project scope, schedule, cost, customer satisfaction, and quality and ensures compliance with organizational processes and procedures.
7. Manages the services or service portfolio, processes and resources delivering the service, responsible for overseeing the service delivery team, ensuring the coordination of this team in overall planning activities, service delivery and issue resolution.
8. Assists in the development of short, medium, and long-term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure objectives are met.
9. Coordinates, facilitates, and consults with various TMC/client departments on business and information systems, and other initiatives.
10. Participates, prepares, and provides feedback on requirements, design and use/test case development and review these documents to ensure proper processes and standards are followed and coordinate regression testing as required.
11. As required, contributes and collaborates with Global IT service lines and organizations to maximize business value creation of products and services delivered.
12. Defines system and functional requirements.
13. Ensures that information system controls are adequate and maintained.
14. Coordinates with project teams and resource managers to ensure requirements are managed, changes are documented, and systems are developed, integrated, tested and deployed, as defined within TMC’s requirements.
15. Adheres to Global IT Control framework and processes to increase quality and ensure/drive IT compliance.
16. Manages and directs internal Associates, external partners, and 3rd party associates; providing guidance, setting enterprise standards, overseeing results and quality.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
• Comfortable developing technical strategies to address the needs of very diverse set of customers. Respond promptly to customer needs; Respond to requests for service and assistance; Meet commitments.
• Experience interfacing with executives, interfacing with multiple oversight organizations and collaborating across organizations to achieve goals and objectives.
• Ability to influence thinking or gain alignment of others in sensitive situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions and constructive feedback.
• Detailed knowledge of technical and business concepts in a number of related applications areas.
• Write clearly and informatively and tailors messages for both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Set and achieve challenging goals; Measures self against standard of excellence.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; Monitor own work to ensure quality.
• Prioritize and plans work activities; Use time efficiently; Plan for additional resources.
• Observe / Drive IT safety and security procedures; Report potentially unsafe conditions; Use equipment and materials properly.
• Adapt to changes in the work environment; Manage competing demands; Change approach or method to best fit the situation; Ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Demonstrates advance knowledge of the EPM and BI stack
• Knowledge of enterprise level server architecture and virtualization technologies.
• Knowledge of Active Directory, Windows server, IT Security, high availability configurations, capacity management, system design, storage, backup and recovery technologies.
• Financial experience in managing operational and capital budgets, as well as experience with cross departmental charge back models.
• B. S. Degree in Computer Science or related field of study.
• 10+ years of diversified IT experience partnering closely with the business.
• At least 5 years of experience successfully managing a group of highly skilled, technical individuals focused on technology in a dynamic environment.
• 8 years hands-on experience with Hyperion Financial Software Applications, including experience reviewing and editing Hyperion rules and calculation scripts
• 8 years of business experience in any of the following areas: Corporate Financial Reporting, Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis or Planning Systems
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Experience working in a regulated environment, highly preferred.
• Experience managing projects and working with vendors, consultants and budgets.
Valid through: 12/21/2020