To advance the purpose of InterVarsity, this position will provide leadership and subject matter expertise to deliver stable and secure IT infrastructure operations and production system support. To optimize ministry results this role will work collaboratively with the IT Services Leadership team and the InterVarsity Press Director of IT.
- Be a maturing disciple of Jesus Christ: growing in love for God, God’s Word, God’s people of every ethnicity and culture, and God’s purposes in the world.
- Be a lifelong learner who prizes the discipleship of the mind; particularly staying current on issues of IT security, IT operations best practices, and business practices within ministry.
- Serve on the IT Services Leadership Team to build a highly effective and unified ITS department that clearly understands its purpose within the context of InterVarsity’s mission and objectives.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, supervise, and retain qualified staff.
- Build strong working relationships with Finance and Administration staff to strengthen organizational business processes, and to ensure an integrated approach to delivering value-adding services.
- Refine and implement an effective assessment system for IT Operations. Recommend new or revised systems, methods, programs, and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Raise an agreed-upon amount of financialsupport annually.
- Annually affirm InterVarsity’s Statement of Agreement and abide by InterVarsity’s Code of Conduct
- Thorough knowledge of or the ability to learn: the purpose, vision, ministries and policies of InterVarsity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other related degree is required
- Eight or more years of experience leading a high-performance, cross-functional IT Operations team with a track record of success is required
- Experience managing the following technologies is strongly preferred: Workday, Salesforce, Office365, Azure Active Directory, Amazon Web Services, SSO, SQL, CRM, Networks, Firewalls, Linux Servers, Windows Servers, Windows 10 & macOS devices, Storage Area Network, Multiple Internet ISP, IT management software, and IP-based telephony
- Familiarity with the application of ITIL concepts in IT Operations, particularly in 24X7 IT user support
- Leadership experience managing and implementing successful, comprehensive programs to achieve goals
- Strong analytical and strategic skills with a high capacity for managing complexity
- Strong financial acumen. Experience preparing and managing department and project budgets
- Strong theological acuity and spiritual maturity
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to work in a diverse team environment. Cross-cultural abilities, including conflict resolution and leadership when crossing cultures