Direct, administer and develop the daily operations and overall vision of the InformationTechnology Department at National Harbor. All duties are to be performed in accordance with department, property, and company policies, practices, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
- Direct daily operations of all Information Technology related activities at National Harbor including computer room, hardware management, communication infrastructure management, technology base, and business systems support and on-going improvement.
- Actively partner with Regional Executive IT Director to set technology strategy, while working with Corporate IT and Regional Business/Regional IT.
- Direct accountability for IT budgets, including preparing and managing the budget.
- Aligns National Harbor Information Technology objectives with regional and corporate Information Technology objectives
- Manage and mentor the team of National Harbor Information Technology professionals.
- Manage Human Resources responsibilities for direct subordinates and team to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; compliance with company and department policies, and legal requirements.
- Utilize communications skills, with both technical and non-technical management staff.
- Work closely with senior and executive level management and department managers to evaluate business processes and needs and recommend technology solutions/optimizations and provide related technological support.
- Conduct department priority meetings.
- Provide technical project leadership and oversight for the development of project plans.
- Provide short term planning on individual projects.
- Ensure that strategic and tactical objectives are communicated throughout the department.
- Ensure department policies and procedures exist, are aligned with regional and corporate Information Technology policies and procedures, and are implemented.
- Ensure that contracts and maintenance programs exist and are appropriate for all site-based hardware, communication, and software systems.
- Strive to improve Information Technology business processes.
- Ensure high quality customer service and satisfaction.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels and implementation of staff schedules.
- Ensure systems availability through identification of mission critical systems and priorities, disaster prevention and disaster recovery techniques.
- Lead technical problem resolution activities as required in a 7 day, 24 hour-a-day environment.
- Maintain appropriate problem resolution and escalation measures.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
Supervise National Harbor Information Technology team - Positions and headcount TBD
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelordegree in Computer Science or closely related field.
- Ten (10) years of in depth Information Technologyexperience, with experience in the 24X7 operations management of critical systems and infrastructure
- Seven (7) years of supervisory/leadershipexperience in the Information Technology or related field
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Previous experience working in a similar casino and/or resort setting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Maryland Gaming License
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
SECTION 3: COMPETENCIES & working conditions
- Effectively communicate in English, both written and oral forms
- Extensive knowledge with multiple platforms (wintel, midrange)
- Experience in implementing effective and innovative software development methodologies
- Demonstrate collaborative and consultative abilities.
- Demonstrate problem solving, prioritization and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Solid writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and motivate professional staff
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly sitting, listening, using computer, telephone, and speaking.
- Frequently walking distances of 10 to 30 ft., between various areas of the IT department. Regularly walking distances up to 1000 ft., between departments and executive offices.
- Frequently using wrist motion, dexterity, eye-hand coordination, and writing, typing on computer keyboard.
- Frequently balancing, reaching, stooping, bending, crawling, kneeling, and twisting.
- Occasionally carrying, pushing, pulling up to 50 lbs.