The Director, IT role is responsible for managing all areas of AppDirect’s infrastructure technology which includes implementing and enforcing our data privacy policies, managing our internal systems, managing our internal IT infrastructure and our helpdesk.
Here's what you'll do:
- Develop IT strategic plan to drive a roadmap for infrastructure, IT services, security and data privacy
- Lead and manage IT infrastructure operations, systems administration, and network operations
- Ensure enterprise-level production systems are implemented, monitored, and supported to ensure maximum availability and reliability.
- Collaborate in creating, managing, and continuous improvement of the service delivery processes including change management, configuration management, communication, outage notification, incident reporting, metrics, and root cause analysis.
- Hire, train, mentor, and appropriately motivate staff towards excellence as continually-improving technical professionals, communicators, and collaborators.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies and techniques to best serve our customers such as infrastructure as a service and infrastructure as code
- Implement a culture of amazing customer service and unwavering dedication to high availability and uptime
- Oversight of all Infrastructure elements including but not limited to desktop & mobile computing, servers, storage management, database management, virtualization management, recovery management, threat management
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and enforcing security to safeguard data assets and ensure data privacy
- Provide managerial and technical guidance on the development of information security policies, guidelines, standards, procedures, and responsibility designations
- Responsible for developing departmental budgets (CapEx & OpEx) and delivering projects against those budgets
- Responsible for vendor and partner management for the delivery of all IT infrastructure related services
- Responsible for asset management, patching and security of all endpoint devices (laptops, mobile) for AppDirect employees
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology related field or equivalent work experience. MBA or other business experience a plus.
- 7+ years leading design and support of enterprise-level I.T. infrastructures including:
- Expertise in operational stability, ensuring up-time.
- Leadership experience in disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Superior customer service orientation and relationship management with organizational partners and customers.
- Building new infrastructure using state of the art virtual & storage technologies.
- Experience managing global Help Desk and Application Support functions and teams.
- Experience in a Software as a Service product company highly preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of and leadership of teams managing network connectivity between multiple offices