The Director, Information Systems will develop, plan, and implement an Information Services (IS) strategy that meets the company's business needs, delivers optimal return on investment, and maintains utmost security. Provides strategic thought leadership for planning future direction. Stay abreast of best practices and advances in technology and relevant compliance.
- Collaborates with members of the executive and management teams, users and technology teams to identify ways IS can assist the company in achieving business and financial goals.
- Oversee the entire IT department, including infrastructure and applications
- Identifies new IS developments and technologies; anticipates resulting organizational modifications.
- Ensures that Information Technology (IT) and network infrastructure adequately support the company's computing, data processing, and communications needs.
- Develops, implements and manages the IS budget.
- Communicates goals, projects, and timelines of the company to the department; plans ways to execute those goals within the department.
- Establishes long-term IS needs and plans and develops strategies for developing systems and acquiring software and hardware necessary to meet those needs.
- Assists as top-level contact for end users in determining IS requirements and/or solutions.
- Ensures compliance with government regulations that apply to systems operations.
- Oversees projects and assignments within the department.
- Leads efficient operation of the team so that prompt modernization and upgrades of IS and IT are performed as needed.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive; creates and executes development plans for direct reports
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or Information Technology required, Master's degree a plus.
- At least 15 years of experience administration of information services, systems and technology, with increasing level of responsibility throughout.
Skills and Experience: Things a candidate should know and/or experience they possess in order to be successful in the role, specifying required vs. preferred and the number of years of experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient in SAP;
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Gains and QLIK tools /Business Intelligence Technologies is beneficial.
- Excellent ability to conceptualize long-term business goals and develop orderly processes to accomplish those goals.
- Excellent managerial skills.
- Thorough understanding of information technology and information technology systems.