This Director of Informatics will be responsible for managing the team of Informatics Analysts who work with cross-functional departments across the organization. This position will also conduct analysis and generate reports that demonstrate client program progress in an effort to continually increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
The Director of Informatics will be responsible for developing, regulating, and validating statistical models. This position will analyze various portions of our patient population and work independently to develop all stages of the models; including designing control groups, determining outliers, analyzing data, finding outliers, and identifying areas of improvement for the company. Candidate must also be able to build predictive models, understand the core assumptions, and explain the outcomes of these models to senior management. This position will also be involved with measuring the efficacy of predictive algorithms and outpatient interventions.
- Collaborates with business partners to provide advice on metrics, statistical methods and research design for development and evaluation of projects and programs.
- Negotiates and influences sound business decisions by applying knowledge of research methods and principles, industry standards and trends and business perspective.
- Develops and participates in presentations and consultations to existing and prospective constituents on information services, capabilities and performance results.
- Directs the development of statistical/analytical procedures, processes, policies, data reports and/or products and quality metrics that supportinternal and external constituents.
- Provides thought leadership and direction for analytic solutions, tools and studies.
- Perform tests on the accuracy and interpretability of the models
- Develop result reports to be used for improvements in business performance
- Leads and directs the work of the Informatics team members.
- Manages the workload and priority of all requests into the department
- Overall responsibility for managing data informatics and statistical analysis to compile, manipulate, analyze, and report data for internal and external purposes
- Works with department leaders to identify reporting needs and assigns team members as necessary
- Identifies opportunities for business process improvement for managing data infomatics and reporting
- Develops efficiencies to increase the effectiveness of reporting and consolidate and maintain department reports used internally and externally
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Statistics or similar field of study
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years in direct management role
- 5+ years experience in agile delivery methodology (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Expert level attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent collaboration skills across departments and roles
- Experience with SQL or other relational databases, required
- Experience with population health management or clinical outcomes analysis, required
- Healthcare industry experience, preferably with a health plan, required
- Experience with SSIS, Alteryx or SAS, a plus
- Proven ability to proactively manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of health care industry, policy, research design, univariate and multivariate statistical analyses, predictive modeling, case-mix
- Knowledge of clinical risk adjustment, multivariate analyses, epidemiology or health economics research methods
- 3+ years of Statistical modelingrequired
- Proven ability to proficiently data mine, required
- Experience with linear regression and predictive modeling, required
- Experience with qualitative and quantitate data analysis and reporting, required
- Experience with statistical modeling in R, Python or similar technology, preferred
- Experience presenting complex statistical information to non-statisticians, required