Director, Industry Principal - Client Onboarding (KYC / AML)
Director, Industry Principal – Client Onboarding (KYC/AML)
- Reporting to the Sr. Director – Risk, Compliance & Onboarding, the Industry Principal works collaboratively with leading global banks, sales, pre-sales, alliances, marketing, frameworks, professional services, and product teams to establish and actively drive Pega’s Solutions continued growth strategy in Risk, Compliance and Onboarding in the financial services industry.
- The candidate should have strong experience in the Corporate & Investment Banking, Capital Markets, Asset Management and Client Onboarding space with an understanding of regulatory compliance space specifically (AML, Sanctions, remediation, KYC, Rules including FATCA/CRS, MiFID II, EMIR, Dodd Frank, etc.).
- The candidate should understand global markets and the complexity of global banks. The role requires management consulting firm experience or relevant industry experience. The goal is to continue to develop industry leading solutions, a strong value proposition and dominate market share. The Industry Principal is the person that is responsible for executing and helping drive the direction of Pega industry solutions in this space, improving sales effectiveness through identification of winning sales themes, building a scalable model globally, working with account executives and global banking prospects with deep domain knowledge, providing industry sales tools and content, account strategizing and targeting, and creating training deliverables.
- Their success is measured primarily by the delivery of industry leading solutions to meet complex business problems, working with top-tier global banks, sales readiness tools, able to secure new opportunities, bookings growth, and ultimately addressable market share gains within their industry focus. The person should have an understanding of the technologylandscape.
In this role, you will:
- Be a thought-leader helping drive industry leading solutions into the market place to solve complex business, operational and regulatory issues including KYC, Onboarding and other regulatory issues.
- Position Pega’s leading KYC, Onboarding, Client Lifecycle Management & Case Management applications to solve critical business problems, including regulatory issues.
- Provide leadership and insight into current applications and new applications that help meet customer demands and market needs to drive ‘best in class’ applications to solve critical business problems.
- Work with executives at leading global banks, consulting firms, partners, sales, marketing and services to ensure product and customer success, while providing industry knowledge and subject matter expertise in Pega’s technology offering and client approach.
- Help drive growth and ensure Pega continues as the leading application provider in the market place.
- Drive revenue through market awareness with the marketing team, expertise to sales, services, partners and global banks, primarily covering North America with global reach in Europe and Asia Pacific.
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business.
- The world’s most innovative organizations as referenceable clients.
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market.
- The industry leading solutions for Client Lifecycle Management, Onboarding, KYC, Case Management and Customer Service.
The Person: The candidate should be a self-starter and have the keen ability to not only provide thought-leadership but to influence clients, sales, marketing, and product teams in a fast paced environment. The ability to work across the organization, and with executives, from business, IT through to operations at global banks. The candidate should have excellent communication and problem solving skills with the ability to work across regions in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and across global banks.
Qualifications will include:
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
- 12+ years’ experience, including several years’ experience in Management Consulting or in leadership capacity within the Financial Services Industry in Client Onboarding, Client Lifecycle Management and Regulatory Compliance either with a leading global management consulting firm or global bank.
- Prior strategic consulting or bankingexperience at a leading bank or consulting firm and specific knowledge approach within the Client Onboarding, RegTech, regulatory compliance, operations, servicing (front to back office) segment with a focus on applying technology for KYC/CDD, client lifecycle management, onboarding, remediation, and other regulatory issues including AML, Sanctions, PEP’s, etc. to drive efficiencies and innovative approaches to solving key client challenges.
- Domain expertise and ability to drive innovative approaches to solve critical problems in global KYC/CDD, Onboarding, remediation and regulatory mandates including global AML, Sanctions, KYC Rules, including Dodd-Frank, FATCA/CRS, MiFID II, EMIR.
- Strong understanding of software providers and technologylandscape (including Pega KYC, Pega Client Lifecycle
- Management/Onboarding, Actimize, Fenergo, Appway, KYC Utilities and othertechnology providers) and emerging technology trends, RegTech, AI, Robotics.
- Ideally with Big 4 (i.e. KPMG, EY, PwC, Deloitte) or top consulting firm experience (McKinsey, Accenture, Bain, BCG, etc.) consulting to clients on client onboarding transformation, digital transformation and/or complex regulatory issues from remediation through to future state target operating model.
- Expert understanding of the Client Onboarding segment, including software and technologylandscape within the global banking industry, including corporate and investment banking, private wealth, hedge fund, asset management and retailbanking industry.
- Keen understanding of strategic concerns in the client onboarding and front to back office transformation space.
- Ability to present to C-level executives, IT, business and compliance, including leading consulting partners and implementation service providers.
- Ability to translate business knowledge into software market value proposition and strategy.
- Some knowledge of Pega technology or ability to learn.
About Pegasystems: Pegasystems Inc. is the leader in software for customer engagement and operational excellence. Pega’s adaptive, cloud-architected software – built on its unified Pega® Platform – empowers people to rapidly deploy, and easily extend and change applications to meet strategic business needs. Over its 30-year history, Pega has delivered award-winning capabilities in CRM and BPM, powered by advanced artificial intelligence and robotic automation, to help the world’s leading brands achieve breakthrough business results. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any othercategory protected by law.