Director, Indirect Tax
United States / PA - WayneAPPLY FOR THIS JOB
DLL is a global provider of asset-based financial solutions in the Agriculture, Food, Healthcare, Clean Technology, Transportation, Construction, Industrial, Commercial Finance, and Office Technology industries. We collaborate with equipment manufacturers, dealers and distributors in more than 35 countries to enable businesses to obtain and use the assets they need to contribute meaningfully to the world.
Do you believe businesses should have a bigger ambition than short term profit? If you do, join DLL’s mission to ‘See what counts’. You’ll be part of a team that gets the right tools into the right hands. A team that understands the heart and soul of our partners’ business. A team that provides original financial solutions to sustain success for generations.
As the Director, Indirect Tax, you will be responsible for the overall management and oversight of a 25+ member team to ensure DLL’s continued timely compliance with sales and property related laws and regulations in the US. You are the tax lead onnew business development initiatives. You are also the strategic decision maker regarding technology that supports the Indirect Tax areas operations. Support the Chief Financial Officer, for DLL in Indirect Tax decision making and strategy. Manage, coach, and develop Indirect Tax members.
DAY TO DAY:
- Negotiate on all tax related provisions in programagreements, leases, purchase contracts or other agreements.
- Act as a liaison between Tax and IT.
- Identify and provide requirements for tax related systems enhancements. Support IT initiatives with technical expertise, testing and by providing advice and counsel.
- Identify and quantify potential tax risks arising from the Company’s operations or proposed transactions.
- Manage the Indirect Tax budget with focus on continued process improvements for efficiency and quality.
- Propose strategies to mitigate tax risks.
- Oversee the management of recurring sales and property taxaudits.
- Provide strategic advice on audit direction or approach and resolution.
- Communicate with senior leadership across the organization both in the U.S. and the Netherlands
- Monitor and ensure compliance with reporting policies, IFRS procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelors in Accounting, Completion of a Master’s Certificate in State and Local Taxation a plus.
- 5-10 years of experience in state tax laws and regulations in increasingly more senior positions. At least 5 years of managerial/leadership experience.
- Solid leadership and decision making skills.
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Able to speak succinctly to senior levels of management across the organization.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage various projects with competing deadlines.
- Proficiency with Vertex products
- Knowledge of ORACLE, INFOLEASE lease accounting systems, or similar ERP.
- Two working days per year volunteering for a local charity
- Full Service Cafeteria and Fitness Center on campus
- Flexible hours with possibility to work from home (within job scope)
- Career development opportunities: online learning, member development programs, Tuition reimbursement program.
- Company matching 401k program
- Industry leading Paid Time Off package
- Outstanding Medical, Dental, Vision benefit programs
- One month fully paid sabbatical after seven years of service