Reporting to the Sr. Director Indirect Procurement, the Director, Indirect Procurement will create the strategy for managing and optimizing the spend associated with services, products, and resources consumed by the Grainger Organization.
The decisions made by this position will have a significant impact on the organization through optimized relationships with critical internal business partners and external vendors. The role is responsible for developing and growing a core group of procurement professionals.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Negotiate complex key contracts for goods and services to support the business.
- Responsible for the development of category procurement strategy, goals and savings targets.
- Define & develop key operating metrics and analytics for the indirect procurement organization.
- Collaborate with organizational groups such as Grainer Technology Group, Marketing, Facilities, etc. to align strategic work with company purchases.
- Builds processes that use detailed market analysis to create scenarios regarding potential market development. Uses insights from market analysis to support stakeholder innovation, to mitigate risks, and to amend category strategies or to deliver additional savings.
- Appropriately communicate and represent the work performed by the team to senior leadership within the company.
- Grow and Develop procurement professionals.
- Create an inclusive environment where team members can grow and thrive.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- MA/MS/MBA or equivalent preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in related field preferred.
- Substantial experience in category management, strategic sourcing and pricing and contract T&C’s negotiations.
- Expertise in managing teams of purchasing professionals.
- Expertise in generating and evaluating business cases.
- Experience defining, implementing, and monitoring key performance indicators.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through others.
- Proficiency with purchasing software/platforms i.e. Jaegger.
- Professional qualification / certification from related professional body, (ISM – CPM / CPSM, APICS) would be an added advantage.
- Expertise in IT hardware, software, HW and SW maintenance, software management, telecommunications, cloud services, third contractors and IT outsourcing.