The Director, Income Tax Accounting & Planning will report to the Vice President, Tax Planning and will be responsible for preparing the Company’s monthly, quarterly and annual income tax provision. This position will also be responsible for tax forecasting, researching, developing and recommending/maintaining tax planning strategies for the Company. Responsibilities include:
- Company’s monthly, quarterly and annual income tax provision and computing and maintaining the Federal and state annual estimated tax rates for its foreign entities and taxable REIT subsidiaries (e.g. ASC 740 calculations, deferred tax analysis, valuations analysis, etc.).
- Finalizing implementation of tax provision software and maintaining system.
- Internal control testing as it relates to the tax provision process.
- Documentation related to Uncertain Tax Positions
- Tax memorandum, as necessary, to support tax provision positions.
- Determining projected financial results to forecast taxable income for tax provision and tax planning purposes.
- Coordinating with accounting, financial reporting, and asset management departments, as needed.
- Establishing effective and productive working relationships and communicating regularly with business unit and corporate department executives and managers.
- Supervising and reviewing the work of the Tax Senior.
- Working with the Vice President, Tax Planning on acquisition and other business transactions to ensure that the tax technical matters have been addressed and executed properly.
- Managing and analyzing international and/or taxable REIT subsidiary projects such as transfer pricing.
- Transitioning/integrating certain acquisition and other transactional tax work to the tax compliance team.
- Research, analyses and memorandums for REIT, C Corporation, Partnership and/or Multi-State tax projects.
- Researching and maintaining certain tax disclosures, elections and/or attachments (i.e. Forms 5471, 8858, etc.) for tax compliance team.
- Coordinating with the tax compliance team regarding transactions impacting estimates/extensions/filings.
- Assisting tax department in all other miscellaneous matters as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in income tax matters
- Proficiency in accounting systems and Microsoft Excel; experience with Longview a plus
- Must possess independent decision-making capability and strong analytical skills
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong prioritization skills as well as understand the broader implications of his/her work
- Confident self-starter and quick learner, comfortable with ambiguity and very adaptable
Ventas, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to the successful candidate.
Ventas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.