IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's leading diversified wealth and asset management companies with approximately $271 billion in total assets under managements. The company provides a broad range of financial planning and investment management services to help more than two million Canadian meet their financial goals. Its activities are carried out principally through IG Wealth Management, Mackenzie Investments and Investment Panning Counsel.
Under IGM Financial’s unique business model based on leading brands and multi-channel distribution strategy is Mackenzie Investment, founded in 1967. Mackenzie Investments is a holistic asset-management partner for thousands of Canadian financial advisors and the investors they support.
At Mackenzie Investments You Can Build Your Career with Confidence
We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them. As part of our team, you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians. Join an unstoppable team that is embedded in continuous learning, understanding, and knowledge sharing. You will thrive in our supportive environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn, while receiving the feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities.
Mackenzie Investments is a diverse workplace committed to doing business inclusively - this starts with having a representative workforce! We encourage applications from all qualified candidates that represent the diversity present across Canada – including racialized persons, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ community, gender diverse and neurodiverse individuals, as well as all who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
The Director of Identity & Access Management (IAM) will help lead and scale a team of experienced engineers in the Identity and Access Management, Governance and Administration space. This is a senior leadership role accountable for the strategic direction and governance of the IAM program across IGM. This role directs the planning, design, development, implementation, deployment, and operations of the overall IAM program and team.
The candidate must have hands-on experience in engineering solutions in the Identity and Access Management, Governance and Administration space (Design and Build).
Key Capabilities & Responsibilities
- Develop an enterprise strategy for Identity and Access Management while ensuring scalability, dependability, and flexibility of the IAM platform
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of an IGM Identity, Access, Governance and Audit Management Framework that ensures a comprehensive, requirements-driven approach to planning, implementation, administration, operations, measurement and communication
- Work across teams to document and share IAM best practices for clients, employees, partners, and vendors
- Ensure overall IT strategy and architecture plans, corporate security and operational standards are translated into IAM services, methods, and technologies as they align with leading IAM practices
- Lead the planning, design, implementation, deployment, and maintenance of the IAM platform
- Hire outstanding talent that can work in high performing teams
- Manage, coach, lead and develop a staff of IAM personnel and provide leadership to a distributed team of engineers and managers
- Advise senior management on IAM-related risks and security posture
- Communicate with staff and executives on objectives, priorities, performance targets and standards, plans, unit accomplishments, and budget reports on a regular basis
- Deliver subject matter expertise of Microsoft Windows Active Directory and Azure Active Directory with emphasis on architectural design, migration, management, and support of implementations
- Deliver subject matter expertise of SailPoint IIQ and Identity Governance and Administration lifecycle
- Deliver subject matter expertise of Privileged Access Management (PAM) platforms (e.g. CyberArk)
- Drive a high degree of automation using ServiceNow integration with IAM and PAM platforms
- Lead in the creation of detailed design and define technical solutions that consider the enterprise architecture strategies, current state environment and constraints
- Strong knowledge of security-by-design and privacy-by-design concepts
- Hands-on experience to install, configure, test, maintain and troubleshoot Identity, Access, Governance and Audit Management platforms, e.g. SailPoint IIQ, Azure Active Directory, Windows Active Directory,
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft M365 Identity platform including Azure Active Directory Identity Protection, Multi-Factor Authentication (2FA, biometric, etc.), Advanced Threat Protection, Microsoft Intune, and Conditional Access Policies, etc.
- Must have hands-on experience developing and deploying large-scale enterprise Identity Governance & Administration solutions, including Identity Management (Provisioning, Enrolment, De-provisioning), Access Management, Authentication, Authorization, Role Based Access Control (RBAC), Identity Governance(Attestation, Re-certification, Reconciliation), Identity Federation, Single Sign-On (Desktop SSO, Web SSO, eSSO), Privileged Access/User Management (PAM/PUM), Security and IAM management for cloud based solutions, including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and IDaaS, Social Login, Identity Analytics, Identity Trust Frameworks
- Directory Services – Active Directory and associated roles including Domain Services (AD DS), Certificate Services (AD CS), Domain Name System (DNS), Rights Management Services (AD RMS), Federation Services (AD FS), Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS)
- Subject matter expert in the following IAM Technologies: LDAP, SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect (OIDC), XAML, NAPPS, WS-Fed, FIDO, UMA, SCIM, IWA, etc.
- Strong experience with Privileged Access Management Solutions (CyberArk, etc.)
- Hands-on experience in designing and implementing integrations with ServiceNow and end-to-end workflow automation for full circle fulfillment
- Hands-on experience in implementing security hardening in cloud-based systems, endpoint, and cloud infrastructure
- Governance, planning, and delivery of enterprise-level IAM program based on zero-trust (Identity, access, privileged access, SSO federation, cloud, MFA)
- Implementation of SIEM use cases and playbooks and detection and response plans as it relates to IAM
- Lead the team is responding to all infrastructure security breaches and support in the investigation of security incidents
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Lead in the creation and updates of technical project documentation (i.e. technical and configuration runbook, implementation plan, etc.)
- Experience in leading the team in supporting Level 2, 3 and/or 4 escalation for production incidents
- 8+ years of hands-on working experience in the participation of engineering and design of IAM platforms
- Passionate about evangelizing standards around identity protection and security
- Strong core foundation experience in cloud technologies and services
- Education at the bachelor or master level in Computer Science or equivalent technology related experience
- Excellent knowledge and relevant experience in security domains related to Identity and Access Management and Operations.
- Superior problem solving and decision-making skills to resolve work issues with the ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Superior leadership, collaboration, and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively and build consensus in a multi-functional team environment.
- Strong communication (verbal/written) and good interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal and external business partners and vendors
- Strong desire to implement change and contribute to the organization
- Experience of working with new and disruptive technologies would be a definite asset
- One or more industry recognized information professional designations (CISSP, CISM, etc.)
- Knowledge of the Financial Services industry regulations
- Relationship Management:
- Proven ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with clients, vendors and peers
- Possess effective communication and interpersonal skills, and executive presence
- Highly credible with senior executives while also able to connect and build trust- based relationships with stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Gain commitment, trust and support from others and will be able to sell ideas inside and outside the organization
- Influence & Focus:
- Ability to focus/align the organization around critical initiatives, best practices and guiding principles
- Exceptional influencing skills and will work transparently and cooperatively with the cross-functional teams, effectively engaging all pertinent stakeholders, both internal and external
- The successful candidate will not be afraid to challenge the status quo
- Exhibit a mindset of creativity, determination, and an energetic drive to succeed
- Have a proven track record of setting and meeting aggressive goals and action plans, both as an individual and with a team
- Versatility and Resilience:
- Able to oversee multiple projects and excel in a complex and evolving portfolio
- Demonstrate appropriate flexibility in all situations and will be comfortable with ambiguity, while pivoting from macro to micro issues, from shaping the technology, innovation, digital, and strategy agenda through to the day-to- day details of operations and compliance issues
- Adhere to the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and will set a positive example for others
- People Management:
- Provide leadership and effective management of staff
- Accountable to influence employee commitment to the organization, to the team, and to their job
- Set appropriate context when assigning work to link the employee’s work to organizational/ business unit goals
- Lead and build a team and individual capabilities to ensure employees can perform to job requirements
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments is an accessible employer committed to providing a barrier free recruitment experience. If you require an accommodation or this information in an alternate format at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition team who will work with you to meet your needs.