The Director of IANA Operations also works with the IANA management team to perform community engagement and fulfil committee assignments relating to community oversight of the IANA functions.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for the day to day management of the IANA Operations team to ensure accurate and timely delivery of services and mitigating risks to SLA failures while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide direction for the IANA Operations team for any particular request and resolve escalations.
- Responsible for meeting the contractual Service Level Agreements for all IANA functions
- Responsible for documenting SLA exceptions and delivery of monthly performance reports to ICANN community stakeholders.
- Defines processes and procedures for enhancements to systems, services and team deliverables.
- Responsible for tracking progress on all IANA Operations team work, knowing where the work is at any given point in time, resolve issues and mitigate any risks that may disrupt the successful completion of work to budget and timeline.
- Serve as IANA representative to the Customer Standing Committee (CSC) and lead discussions on any SLA changes, escalation issues, performance questions, or any other issues related to the delivery of the IANA services.
- Represent the IANA services at various community meetings with the ability to represent with the knowledge needed to speak confidently, identify any follow-up on work in which the IANA team is identified as responsible for and to act professionally and ethically among the community.
- Work with the IANA Senior Manager of Strategic Programs to improve service delivery by studying, evaluating, and enhancing processes.
- As the primary business owner for the key software tools and systems used to deliver the IANA services, coordinate operational input during discussion on the evolution of these tools and systems.
- Lead assigned team by managing and reviewing performance, supporting staff development and motivating high performance.
- Provide best practice guidance and training, and align group goals with established business objectives.
- Contribute to cross-functional service delivery projects to improve end-to-end service to customers.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Experienced team leader.
- Must have a positive and professional attitude.
- Analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability conceptualize new work, initiate work and lead work to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and document processes and procedures.
- Experience conducting business process reviews and implementing processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple work processes and resolve issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Experience delivering measurable business results.
- Ability to work on cross-functional projects and collaborate with colleagues.
- Strong project management skills.
- Knowledge of the Domain Name System (DNS) and fundamentals of Internet Addressing is desirable.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum twelve (12) years of experience in a service oriented environment
- Minimum 7 years management experience of a team; helpdesk; or other service-oriented team.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluency, both written and spoken, in English is required.
- Fluent written and spoken language skills in any of the other official United Nations languages is strongly preferred.