In this position, you will collaborate with underwriters, product managers, actuaries and IT professionals and build models that make an impact on how insurance products are developed, sold or priced. In the past, others have answered questions such as how likely a company is to default over time, how much a filed claim is worth and how to efficiently route quote requests. They have made an impact in profitability of products worth over $1B in premium. If you are intellectually curious, like solving complex, new and unique problems, have the desire to grow, and want to join a fast-growing community of data science professionals, then this position is for you.
- Lead the development of predictive models and other analytical solutions for both domestic and global operations within the GRS team by working closely with product leads to answer business problems
- Explain model behavior and output to non-technical business leaders
- Support processes around effectively deploying models to various business groups
- Coach, mentor, lead, and develop data science talent within the team
- Prepare data for modeling and make the best/creative use of applicable and available internal/external data
- Develop tools and technologies to improve the team's modeling capabilities
- Research new statistical and mathematical techniques that are suitable and effective for solving business related problems
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Actuarial Science or other quantitative field of study plus:
- 3-5 years of professional experience in modeling or advanced analytics with a Ph.D.
- 5-7 years of professional experience in modeling or advanced analytics with a Master's degree
- 8-10 years of professional experience in modeling or advanced analytics with a Bachelor's degree
- Prior managerial experience is helpful
- Prior knowledge of property/casualty industry is preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of advanced techniques in statistics and predictive analytics.
- Expert analytic, quantitative and problem solving skills with proven ability to make data driven decisions and influence leaders
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical software packages (e.g., SAS, Python, R)
- Strong eye for business and communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively present technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Proven ability to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies and adapt to changes and demands in fast-paced, dynamic environment