Career Transitions Holdings, LLC is currently engaged to find a high impact, high energy Director of Human Resources for a manufacturing client located on the border of Michigan and Indiana to provide comprehensive leadership and strategic support for the organizations manufacturing operations.
Partner closely with plant General Manager, plant leaders and HR colleagues to ensure the continued building of a high performance work system within the facility. Provide HR expertise as well as build talent capability in support of the Strategic business goals and objectives aligned with corporate strategies.
- Provide strategic human resources insight into operational issues and goals.
- Source, screen, interview and place talent as required to meet customer demands.
- Assure compliance with OSHA, EEO, FLSA, ERISA, EAP and other employment laws pertaining to the operation of the business.
- Provide interpretation of corporate policies and procedures; guide plant management on handling sensitive performance management and other employee relations matters.
- Oversee administration of wage, salary, and benefits programs.
- Assure open communications between management and team members.
- Assures that a mutual satisfactory relationship between the company and community is apparent and maintained.
- Prepare reports and make presentations to staff and management as requested.
- Directs or provides initial investigation of and response to employment-related claims and charges; coordinates responses and actions with HR VP.
- Direct and conduct orientation and training programs on topics including but not limited to: company policies, sexual harassment, selection, motivation, office productivity, performance management and diversity training and other mandated programs.
- Implement best-demonstrated human resources practices in conjunction with management.
- Develop and implement a strategic recruitment plan to address short-and long-term staffing requirements for the organization
- Supports and participates in companies PPS team efforts.
- Adheres to Quality policy by exceeding customer expectations, being customer focused and supporting continuous improvement activities.
- May be assigned special projects in support of entire Business Unit or occasionally support other sites.
- Adheres to Safety policies and practices behavioral based safety 100% of the time.
- All other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field, Master’s degree preferred. Minimum 7 years of HR management experience in a manufacturing plant environment of 500+ team members.
- Experience with recruitment, employee relations, benefits, strategic planning, and compensation.
- Clear, strategic, and critical thinker; proven experience in translating strategies into actionable plans.
- History of effectively coaching across levels and functions, including individuals in more senior roles than oneself.
- Experience managing multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously & executing successfully to completion.
Proficient in Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the use of HRIS tools (Ceridian Dayforce a plus.).