PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Align human resources with business strategic objectives and corporate HR objectives
- Provide HR Business Partner support to leaders including managing employee relations, communications, people initiatives and organizational design
- Oversee performance management process and lead performance management initiatives such as the Talent Assessment Process.
- Support and encourage superior management practices through coaching, supporting developmental activities and engaging managers.
- Direct and support employee development programs. Support and participate in mentoring initiatives.
- Develop departmental resources to progress into new opportunities within SPX.
- Continually improve employee relations through the proactive identification of workplace issues, appropriate policy development and implementation, and engaging employees in their location and/or environment.
- Maintain positive labor relations with bargaining unit(s).
- Conduct labor negotiations as appropriate.
- Maintain and administer a total rewards process that ties directly to compensation to performance.
- Review and approve compensation recommendations for new hires and promotions.
- Maintain creative and robust staffing and recruitment processes to support the needs of a changing and/or growing business.
- Provide leadership, direction, and support of all statutory and regulatory requirements including EEO, ERISA, FLSA, OSHA, and corporate compliance guidelines and initiatives.
- Oversee HR projects and provide guidance to HR team related to current initiatives and processes, employee events, employee relations issues and talent initiatives
- Ensure corporate HR initiatives and changes are properly implemented by providing guidance to HR team members.
- Develop and support continuous improvement efforts for key operational / HR initiatives and programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
General knowledge of principles and practices of Human Resources administration
Ability to develop long-term plans and programs and to evaluate work accomplishments
Ability to apply and adapt practices and techniques to the special requirements of senior management
Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff and employees
Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
10+ years of experience in HR is required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
MBA or other business related graduate degreepreferred
PHR/SPHR/GPHR Certification preferred.
Knowledge of laws (e.g. FMLA, FLSA, HIPAA, etc.) required
Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required