Job ID: 117916
The Director, Human Resources develops and drives the execution of people strategies and solutions that activate and advance the business objectives of Interline Brands. Specifically, this role is a senior business partner providing a blend of strategic, consultative and tactical leadership in optimizing talent, driving change and directing the HR delivery model. The incumbent should be versed in managing the integration of HR systems and policies with the ability to implement highlystandardized processes. Lastly, this position is for a hands-on, high impact leader capable of extensive cross-functional collaboration to ensure alignment of priorities and goals.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Partners with management to identify and plan human resources requirements necessary tomeet short and long-term business needs.
- Directs processes designed to identify developmental needs of managers and
- associates necessary to build a bench to support Home Depot growth.
- Develops strategy for sourcing and staffing associates for the organizational
- Counsels and coaches management on employee relations issues.
- Guides and educates management on effective tools and tactics for avoiding union
- Captains roll-outs of HR programs
- Makes judgements and finalizes legal settlements based on risk involved
- Selects, develops and motivates assigned staff.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to a Human Resources Vice President.
- Direct reports typically include 4-10 Human Resources Managers
- Typically requires the ability to lead negotiations in a highly competitive or adversarial environment
- Typically faces situations that are unstructured and require original approaches
- Typically considers new courses of action within broad policies and medium-term goals when solving problems.
- Typically determines what should be done in a functional area or business unit within broad policies and principles or very general goals
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Under regular pressure to meet deadlines, quotas and/or must frequently deal with difficult issues related to people or situationsMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degreeprogram or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 8 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity tomove about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 8 years HR experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- People management/supervisory experience
- Technical knowledge of Human Resources specialties including employment law, employee relations, management and organizational development, staffing, training and compensation.
- Business analysis skills
- Strong knowledge of Home Depot business processes.