Oak Brook, IL
Industry: Manufacturing / Packaging•
8 - 10 years
Posted 343 days ago
BWAY is one of the largest manufacturers of rigid metal and plastic containers in North America. Our diverse products and broad geographic reach have made us a market leader in the general line packaging industry. BWAY offers comprehensive packaging for a wide variety of applications. BWAY is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities/females/vets/disability.
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources/CHRO, the Director of HR Mauser North America serves as the HR business partner to the president of Mauser North America, leading a broad range of HR generalist activities across the division. With growth being a priority, a deep understanding of building strong talent acquisition and development capabilities will be critical.
This leader will need to have HRexperience in a manufacturing environment and have a passion for “walking the floor” at facilities to build trust, drive engagement and understand the drivers of the employees. Experience with labor relations would be very beneficial along with health, safety and engagement experience in a plant setting.
Leading a team of two direct reports, they will be responsible for all HR activities through utilizing existing processes/frameworks that are in place, corporate COE’s and partnering with their peers/key stakeholders across the broader organization to customize the best HRinfrastructure for Mauser North America. Most importantly, this individual must have a clear passion for the organization, the brands, innovation and building a word class, diverse and inclusive talent framework.
• Serve as an HR Business Partner to the President, Mauser North America Group, VP of HR and across North American manufacturing locations to assess, create and rollout people strategies and processes including performance management, employee development, talent reviews and succession planning, staffing plans, compensation and reward systems.
• Accountable for effective execution of the recruiting plan from either internal and/or external talent pools. Ensures development and execution of employee on-boarding program.
• Assess, develop and implement organizational design and structure improvements that support the business strategy by ensuring roles and responsibilities of the North American team are clear, well-defined and hold incumbents responsible for results. Partner with stakeholders to drive a culture of performance.
• Benchmark total compensation and reward practices (internally and externally) to ensure market-driven pay and internal equity and to effectively attract, reward and retain employees.
• Ensures effective performance of the HR unit and people-related processes. Implements metrics to measure value, efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
• Responsible for deploying integrated employee communications plan that aligns key elements of performance culture, talent management, individual development and employee engagement.
• Develop bargaining strategies and negotiation mandates (monetary and non-monetary) and obtain approvals as necessary. Participate in labor contract negotiations, by partnering with all key stakeholders working towards mutually beneficial solutions.
• Ensure consistent, timely and accurate application and compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations and are consistent with BWAY/Mauser policies and practices.
• Travel to all sites to continually build trust, drive continuity and ensure consistent processes, programs and culture are in place.
• HRexperience and comfort in the manufacturing plant setting. Ability to build trust, relationships and understand the needs of the employees is critical.
• Exceptional business and financial acumen.
• Demonstrated ability to produce results within a team environment, to develop productive working relationships at all levels of the organization and to appropriately challenge or influence decisions working across global regions.
• Progressive experience in a matrixed manufacturing environment.
• A proven track record of developing new programs that meet short and long-term organizational needs.
Professional & Cultural Characteristics
• Authentic individual with impeccable integrity whose personal and professional values are consistent with BWAY’s mission, vision and leadership framework.
• Vibrant performance-driven individual who possesses the fortitude to address challenging scenarios and work across a matrixed organizational structure.
• A self-starter who is comfortable leading projects autonomously and knows which stakeholders to engage to drive initiatives forward.
• Able to earn trust and respect quickly – especially in the manufacturing plant. Leads with engagement and builds trust both the organizational and individual level.
• Dynamic, performance-driven individual who possesses the resilience to address challenging scenarios in a P.E. environment.
• Inspirational coach, leader, colleague and culture champion within the company.
• Bachelor’s degreerequired, MS/MA preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years of progressive experience with a demonstrated track record of driving results leading HR in a multi-site manufacturing organization. Labor relations experience is preferred.
• Spanish language fluency is preferred.
• Experience partnering with senior executives/line leaders/HR to successfully design, develop and deliver HR programs with tangible outcomes.
• Proven ability to roll up their sleeves and demonstrate resourcefulness, initiative, results-orientation and a constant focus on service delivery.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including consultative approach and listening skills.
• Exposure or ability to thrive in a Private Equity backed environment.
• Minimum of 75% travel expected for the role.