In this position, the Director, Human Resources will act as an HR Business Partner, responsible for providing human resources leadership, consultation and coaching to business leaders to develop and execute HR strategies that will foster organizational and people effectiveness. The Director, Human Resources will partner with leaders and their teams to assess the human resources needs in areas such as performance management, employee relations, culture, employee engagement, compensation and career development. In addition, this person will be responsible for overseeing the benefits programs that we offer to our league office staff and players and managing the benefits team.
- Act as HR Business Partner for designated departments, responsible for aligning business objectives with HR strategy and serve as consultant to management on HR-related needs.
- Consult with leaders and staff on employee relations issues, conduct investigations and make recommendations in response to management and staff concerns.
- Partner with leaders on the annual performance management process including goal setting, mid-year reviews and year-end reviews.
- Provide leaders with strategic direction regarding departmental structure and approaches to leverage staffing and talent needs.
- Recommend and implement policy enhancements and new programs that further HR and organizational initiatives.
- Review and analyze data based on employee feedback to identify trends and make recommendations to leaders to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Provide coaching, counseling and advice to guide leaders and employees with regards to HR programs, practices, policies, legislation and regulatory requirements including interpretation of policy, identification of risk, impact to the business and recommended solutions.
- Oversee and enhance the benefit programs offered to staff and players. This includes vendor management, claims resolution, open enrollment, employee communications, etc.
- Manage the employee leave of absence program and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree or MBA in Human Resources Management or related field preferred.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in human resources leadership roles including experience in performance management, employee relations, benefits, and compensation as well as policies and related legislations.
- 5+ years of experience as human resources generalist and/or business partner.
- Excellent relationship management skills and proven ability to influence individuals and outcomes.
- Demonstrated capability to communicate and work effectively at all levels of the organization, inspiring respect and credibility.
- Proven ability to proactively identify potential issues and resolve to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Strong project management skills and effective execution skills to ensure successful implementation of initiatives, processes and policies.
- Demonstrated ability to remove and overcome barriers to promote collaboration between and within HR and the business.
- Ability to exercise excellent judgement, confidentiality and sense of urgency.
- Ability to create and maintain a positive employee relations environment throughout complex and changing situations.
- High-level of commitment to organizational ethics, integrity, confidentiality, compliance and producing high-quality work.
- Demonstrated decision making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience working with Human Capital Systems; Workday preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Thorough knowledge of employment laws such as FMLA, COBRA and other federal and state laws covering discrimination and equal opportunity employment.