AtMSG we valuediversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds!MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements,MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in alllocations.
The Director People Practices-LA Forum, is responsible for all aspects of People Practices (Human Resources) supporting the LA Forum. The ideal candidate will have a broad and deep knowledge of the Human Resources function. This position will work closely with the VP People Practices (New York City) & SVP/GM LA Forum to provide results oriented leadership, strategic counsel and best practices to the management team and employee group. The candidate, located in Los Angeles, CA, will utilize the support of the larger corporate HR team in New York, and rely on functional leaders of People Practices (Benefits, Compensation, Learning & Development and Talent Acquisition) to develop and execute Human Resources strategies and goals that align with the needs of the business. This role will also focus on process improvement across People Practices as we continue to implement new systems. Collaboration is key to success. The Director People Practices-LA Forum will report into the Vice President People Practices based in the New York City Corporate Office.
MAIN DUTIES/FUNCTIONS: In order of importance, list the main duties and functions of this position with the anticipated approximate percentage of time devoted to each such function or duty.
- Under the direction of the VP People Practices, deliver results oriented leadership through best practices and processes that provide necessary strategic execution of People Practices plans across a variety of HR disciplines.
- Collaborate with business units to understand key business initiatives to effectively support and align People Practices requirements specific to the discipline of HR.
- Contribute to these business strategies by helping leaders identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures and processes.
- Administer guidelines pertaining to California Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA’s) as negotiated by MSG.
- Support divisional leaders in forecasting and planning their diversified/inclusive talent pipeline requirements which are in line with business strategy and organizational change.
- Encourages a strong leadership and coaching culture permeating throughout division business groups.
- Actively engage and consult with senior leaders on business initiatives to identify areas of opportunity and solutions to business concerns while serving as an internal executive coach.
- Partner with all areas of People Practices to push innovation into every aspect of the way we work, and to drive process improvement and systems integration to enhance the employee experience and build a best in class work environment.
- Act as a liaison between the employee group and People Practices ensuring HR services and offerings are aligned with employee needs.
- Partner with People Development to: implement training programs that promote employee excellence, incorporate a development mindset into the leadership philosophy of the brand and lead the execution of action plans to engage and develop talent and provide employees with development opportunities, and ensure that they are able to meet current and future performance standards.
- Work with Director Compliance to evaluate and ensure California compliance with the overall People Practices discipline as it relates to EEO guidelines, company policy, employment background investigations, and drug testing.
- Advance organizational design that supports communication, productivity, and innovation as well as create a working environment whereby employees are able to deliver results more effectively.
- Along with the appropriate People Practices team, manage the roll-out of performance management, reward & recognition programs, engagement survey, annual budget process and training programs.
- Connect with the organization to monitor and assess the level of People Practices impact, influence and partnership within the organization and work with key stakeholders to ensure there is alignment in the delivery of quality services.
- Documents, investigates and resolves employee incidents and escalates issues to the appropriate Legal Business Partner when necessary.
- Engage and influence senior business leaders by providing strategic advice on Employee Relations matters.
- Participate in projects as directed by the VP People Practices in varying sizes of complexity and/or with cross functional company-wide impact.
- Work with VP People Practices to oversee the administration of People Practices policies and processes to ensure compliance with company policy, regulatory agencies and legal requirements.
- Measure and evaluate the impact of programs and initiatives through metrics, budgets and enhance fact-based decision making.
- Support the SVP & GM LA Forum with administrative support as necessary (Operational & Human Resources)
- The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years progressive management experience in Human Resources, Organizational Design & Development or Industrial/Organizational Psychology.
- Four-yeardegree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Design & Development or Industrial/Organizational Psychology or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Experience in Sports, Entertainment, Media or Hospitality within a transformative, complex, high volume, service-oriented environment with a diverse population of employees and stakeholders is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with Federal and California employment laws – CA/Fed leaves of absence, ADA, EEO, FLSA, ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA etc. required.
- Previous experience supporting, facilitating a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and managing a California unionized employee group.
- Demonstrated portfolio of experience in a broad array of Human Resources disciplines such as Talent Acquisition, Training & Organizational Development, Employee & Labor Relations, and Benefits & Compensation.
- Experience in developing and implementing programs and policies that support transformational change, change management, organizational growth and employee development.
- Capable of thinking through nuanced and complex situations with a reputation for using diplomacy to navigate through sensitive matters.
- Ability to possess a strong quantitative ability to review metrics and departmental trends.
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking capabilities, operational skills, and successful partnership with line operations preferred.
- Exposure/experience working alongside C-Suite Executives and comfortable managing in a matrixed organization.
- Excellent verbal & written communication, organizational, attention to detail and time management skills required.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong technical knowledge of PC skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, HRIS and PowerPoint are essential.
- Must have the ability to work independently when necessary, and use sound business judgment.
- Demonstrates agility, flexibility, integrity, business ethics, tact, diplomacy and a commitment to company values, and principles while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Skilled at working collaboratively and on a team environment with the ability to engage, inspire and influence people.
- Adept at maintaining a positive, open, approachable, and professional relationship with a diverse group.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivational and organizational abilities are used often.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights.
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
Requisition ID 18-8714