The Director of HR is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management, serving as a consultant to management on human resources-related issues. Develops policy and directs and coordinates all people operations, such as talent development, employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Prepares personnel forecast to project employment needs.
- Writes directives advising department managers of company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Actively network within the organization, building high quality relationships.
- Oversee the compensation and variable compensation plan development and implementation.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Communicates changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Responsible for execution of company’s cultural goals.
- Responsible for developing HR Strategy, talent plan, and HR metrics.
- Writes and delivers presentations to corporate officers or government officials regarding human resources policies and practices.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; and seven to ten years or more related experience with experience in Talent and Organizational management in a fast growing company.
- Advanced degree in Human Resources Management, Organization Development for Business is strongly desired
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) or certification preferred.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, communication, multitasking, interpersonal and listening skills.
- Mathematical aptitude and excellent attention to details.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and other technological skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of compensation concepts, employee law, benefits management and design.
- Strong Functional Capabilities with Talent Expertise
- Thorough understanding of tools and processes used to asses and develop talent
- Negotiation, relationship building, influencing, coaching, conflict resolution, critical thinking and problem analysis/resolution skills.
- Ability to manage up and delegate appropriately to ensure efficient workflow.
- Empathetic, expressive and outgoing as well as an open and pleasant disposition.
- Business acumen and public speaking skills.
- Self-motivating and ability to work well independently as well as using a collaborative team approach.
- Ability to adhere to established timelines, processes and procedures.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills and an ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Ability to influence and deliver on change management initiatives.