The Director, Human Resources is responsible for leading and directing the Human Resources function for the respective Business Unit, including wage, salary and benefit administration, labor and employee relations and recruitment/selection processes. This position requires a working knowledge of human resource processes and current regulations including various types of compensation programs and salary administration. The Human Resources Manager is required to ensure legal compliance with state and federal laws and regulations for the respective Business Unit.
- Direct and maintain the overall HR programs and activities. Coordinate subordinate programs to include training activities, accident prevention, safety and health programs, performance management, compensation analysis, and benefits management.
- Develop and maintain strategic plans and programs that are consistent with business unit goals.
- Lead and administer Talent Management Processes such as Performance Management, Succession Planning, Career Development and Goal Setting for the respective Business Unit.
- Develop, recommend and implement personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures;
- Assist in annual HR budget forecasting, approve HR invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of processes for cost-effectiveness.
- Oversee the employment and placement function for the respective Business Unit. Responsible for recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, transfer, and termination.
- Principally responsible for collective bargaining, preparation for contract negotiations and administration, as well as grievance settlements.
- Establish and maintain effective employee relations activities.
- Ensure legal compliance with state and federal laws/regulations.
- Support corporate and divisional special projects as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field, at least eight years of Human Resources experience with progressive levels of responsibility and four years of supervisory experience.
- High level of customer service skills are essential.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Strong generalist experience from a manufacturing background. Multi-plant and division experience preferred. Plant experience with union and non-union environments, union contract administration and union avoidance.
- Understanding of the Strategist or participation in the Chief Negotiator role.
- Knowledge of various types of compensation programs. Experience with AAP and EEO programs.
- Experience in successfully managing complex projects.
- Strong communication and presentation skills required.