Align Business and HR Strategy for assigned business units.
- Engage executives to understand talent needs of the businesses and define responses
- Participate in periodic business strategic planning and review cycles; act as the human capital strategy architect to proactively work with COE teams to identify and deploy HR interventions to meet business requirements
- Partner closely with local leadership to refine organizational structure, operations and culture
- Proactively obtain, interpret and present metrics and analysis to business leaders to inform decisions (performance, attrition, hiring, vacancy, team member engagement/sensing, and other data)
Advise executives and leaders on people issues
- Provide HR observations related to strategy/performance in meetings and one-on-one; formulate HR requirements
- Offer objective and balanced advice to leaders on business challenges and people implications, leadership effectiveness, culture, and alignment of enterprise HR programs
- Advise business leaders on change management, performance issues, responding to team member or community concerns, compliance or ethics investigations, etc.
- Manage response to executive requests for information, questions or special projects
Deploy talent and development programs
- Partner with COEs to deploy talent programs in local business units (performance assessment & review, succession planning, development planning, talent acquisition strategies).
- Support executives and leaders with advice and tools for team member coaching, mentoring, feedback processes, high-potential development, career development counseling, etc.
Lead local Team Member & Community engagement efforts
- Promote and foster a healthy work environment; raise awareness of available programs to assist team members; Implement appropriate team member engagement programs and positive team member relations programs.
- Interpret and drive action planning as a result of engagement surveys; assess population “temperature” through formal and informal sensing and report results/plan actions with executive team
- Implement programs to recognize service and celebrate achievement by team members
Drive HR operational excellence
- Develop and drive corporate HR programs and initiatives within assigned business units (e.g., comp programs, benefits, talent acquisition, recognition, engagement, performance management, workforce planning, culture, organizational change, etc.)
- Build, develop and lead the efforts of a local team of HR professionals in achieving strategic and operational objectives
- Deliver broad based and complex HR messages or concepts to leaders, present HR strategies and initiatives in a way that provides clarity around integration and business relevance
- Work with local business executives and HR COEs to develop or modify strategies and programs to most effectively meet local business needs and culture; Identify and share root causes of HR issues with relevant HR COEs to help shape HR programs
- Oversee investigations of team member, ethics, or compliance issues, in consultation with TMLR COE
- If applicable, partner with TMLR COE to develop and implement local Labor strategies, support contract negotiations, grievance investigations, etc.
- Conduct ongoing position budgeting review and ensure that staffing plans are aligned with span of control, productivity metrics, budgeted allocations, etc. Understand local and regional healthcare talent market
- Revise and localize job descriptions and compensation with Talent Acquisition and Compensation COEs.
- Drive effective leader and team member communications initiatives
Partner to support business performance, quality and patient care initiatives
- Partner with Corporate & business unit leaders on initiatives related to patient care, quality, safety & compliance, physical security, data security, professional ethics, etc., implementing training and development, performance management, certification & other initiatives to create an environment of compliance/excellence
- Uphold all compliance standards, including Joint Commission, Department of Labor, HR policies, CBAs, etc.
- Support location emergency response plans in partnership with business leadership
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree; HR , OD or Business concentration preferred
- 12+ years of Human Resources experience and 5+ years of leadership/administration.
- 7+ years of successful business partnership at a Senior Leader/functional level, with demonstrated results in linking HR strategies to the business in areas such as change and transition management
- Working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines including compensation, talent and organizational development, employee relations, diversity, performance management, talent acquisition, etc.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills.