Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us. General Summary: The Director of Human Resources, GapTech will be responsible for the development and delivery of the talent practices as part of the business planning process for GapTech or IT, which is global. This role supports the DevOps organization which represents 80% of the organization. Key business initiatives include the DevOps transformation, evolving to a Product Model, GapTech India (GTI) and driving organizational efficiency. The Director of Human Resources will be a key business partner to the SVP and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of Gap Inc. and will be capable of leading and managing a generalist Human Resources team. This role reports into the Sr. Director HR for Customer & Strategy Team (CST), Gap Online (GOL) and GapTech in partnership with the VP Corporate Functions Talent. Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Implement talent practices that are aligned with GapTech business objectives.
- Lead and develop GapTech HR Generalist team and collaborate with broader GapTech HR team.
- Lead key talent development and retention planning and succession planning process for business, in partnership with Talent Management.
- Assess, develop and drive the talent plans that supports the needs of the business, enabling a leveraged HR operating model with Specialist teams.
- Manage the employee value proposition for GapTech employees through all facets of the employee lifecycle. Drive talent practices that motivate and engage the workforce and aligns with Gap Inc. philosophy and GapTech business goals.
- Supports and guides the Leadership Teams on people and organizational issues: collectively, directly and through matrix management throughout the organization.
- Provides leadership on all aspects of organizational effectiveness, including performance management, on-boarding, coaching, employee relations, talent assessment, employee culture and engagement, etc.
- Continue to review and refine roles and responsibilities of functions and cross-functions to ensure the optimal organizational structure to support business growth and collaboration as appropriate.
- Champions and personally demonstrates Gap Inc. and function culture, values and ethics.
- Sr. Director HR, CST, GapTech and GOL: Direct Manager
- VP Corporate Functions Talent: Team Leader and GapTech LT Member
- SVP & Chief Technology Officer, Primary business partner
- Gap Inc. functional partners (Employee and Labor Relations; Legal; Compensation, etc.)
- Cross brand & function in-country HR partners, including frequent interaction with India teams
- Knowledge of engineering talent or mindset with an understanding of the talent market.
- Understanding of India talent market preferred.
- Experience with workforce planning in relation to a workforce of contractors and employees.
- Ability to influence across multiple functions/areas.
- Professional skills and abilities as hands-on practitioner as well as strategic thinker.
- Retail stores, digital or brand experience.
- Demonstrated results orientation.
- Proven ability to lead change initiatives – strong OD/OE skillset. Proven ability to assess talent (internal and external).
- Ability to build, lead and motivate teams.
- Highly skilled problem solver and negotiator.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven strategic mindset balanced with strong operational and implementation expertise.
- High level of personal and professional integrity and ethics (authentic, compassionate, genuine and honest); good communicator; good listening skills and problem solver.
- Strong business orientation; drive for results and desire to win.
- Maintains a global perspective and is culturally sensitive and aware (adjusts personal style to different cultures and styles of work).
- Comfortable driving change and embracing innovation in face of ambiguity and complexity.
- Welcomes a diversity of ideas, approaches and points of view.
- Ability to influence up, down and across the organization; a team oriented leader and player.
- Resolves conflict in a direct manner that maintains good relationships.
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization with remote teams and partners.
- 7-10 years HR Experiencerequired
- Ability to travel20% of the time
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.