Strategic HR Leadership & Business Partnering
- Partner with site leadership to fully understand the business and offer solutions and HR strategies to support key initiatives.
- Provide leadership for the site Human Resources staff, set direction and business/strategic direction
- Working with site leaders, cerate and measure the effectiveness of key HR metrics and goals.
- Improve processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- Act as a key contributor/team member on the site leadership team and other key committees.
- Serve as a liaison between business departments and HR functional areas and by communicating HR initiatives/programs; partner with other HR functional areas to include recruiting, organizational development, compensation and benefits in order meet Company goals and objectives
- Talent Management
- Oversee the full scope of the site talent management process and work closely with the site leadership team to measure the effectiveness and recommend improvements to enhance programs to the HR Divisional team
- Oversee site recruitment and hiring process
- Manage application of Company performance review system
- Lead site completion of Company Succession Planning process
- Ensure workplace diversity and application of Affirmative Action Program
- Assess future talent needs and implement proactive strategies to meet them
- Perform site workforce planning
- Develop a positive employee relations climate and work with the VSMC to create and align an engagement plan, including metrics and a method to measure the effectiveness of the plan
- Handle complex employee relations issues
- Advise management regarding all employee terminations and oversee all aspects of employee termination process.
- Provide support to site leadership with regard to effective organizational structures
- Act as key Steering Committee member designed to align and standardize effective learning and development programs and activities, including leadership development programs
- Provide oversight and direction to all site organizational changes
- Lead/monitor site culture planning; participate on Corporate Culture Project Team and related initiatives
- Identify and work with site leadership team to positively address organization issues where necessary to increase site effectiveness and organization capabilities
- Work with site leadership team on suggestions and opportunities to improve site communication plans, including enhancing transparency and updates on key site initiatives
- Provide strategic direction and oversight on compensation initiatives that align individuals to proper placement within our compensation system/ranges and in alignment with our compensation strategies
- Ensure proper education and understanding of our key compensation philosophies and systems at the appropriate levels for site leaders and individual contributors
- Manage career ladders and salary administration program
- Provide site support and review of annual merit/bonus process
- Prepare and maintain salary recommendations to ensure they are in-line with corporate salary structure
- Assess and address salary equity issues
HR Policy Administration
- Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Ensure line management is educated on HR procedures and policies.
- Develop and recommend operating policy and procedural improvements
- Drive and deploy procedures and policies in all areas involving HR systems.
- Perform audits as needed to ensure effective application of HR policies and programs
Complete special projects
- Maintain current human resources knowledge to ensure company compliance with all federal, state and local laws related to employment.
- Ensure all HR documentation/administration is fully compliant with SOX regulations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology, Organization Development, Communications or related field.
- A Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience in Organization Development highly preferred
- More than 12 years of broad-based HRexperience, including 7 years of management required.
- Must be able to operate in a matrix environment.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Sound judgment.
- Ability to execute in fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to negotiate conflict and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of an organization.
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze complex data and provide recommendations.