Role Summary: As a member of DJO’s Human Resources Leadership Team (HRLT), this Director level position will be the strategic partner to multiple Executive Leadership Team (ELT) members who report to a Group President and lead functions or business units and manage HR business partners that support the organizations below the ELT level. This position reports the Vice President, Human Resources, DJO, and is located at DJO’s Lewisville, Texas headquarters.
- Work closely with key leaders to develop and implement people strategies focused on business priorities.
- Counsel Managers and employees consistent with DJO policies/practices, legal considerations, etc. and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Adjust HR strategies & tactics to respond to changing business needs.
- Use sound HR knowledge and provide hands-on execution to assigned client groups in the areas of workforce planning, change management, employee productivity, recruitment and selection, and employee relations.
- Implement and execute employee relations programs / practices that create a positive organizational culture and enable management effectiveness.
- Roll out and drive corporate programs (policies, talent management, employee engagement, DE&I, etc).
- Through the use of HR metrics, continuously assess the effectiveness of all human resources programs relative to the achievement of desired goals and outcomes and the overall strategic business plans.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned as required.
- BA/BS Degree in Human Resources or related field, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 10 years Human Resources in a global organization with at least 4 years experience as an HRBP, and 2 years managing a team.
- Must have led/been involved in significant change management initiatives in prior roles.
- Must have an ability to think strategically and objectively and effectively translate data into actionable insights
- Must have the ability to develop solid and positive professional relationships with senior leadership, subordinates and peers.
- A collaborative and result-oriented individual with a detailed oriented, partner-oriented and solutions driven mindset
- Is comfortable applying and adept at using technology (i.e. strong Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), experience with Workday preferred.
- Must demonstrate initiative to proactively assess and resolve issues.
- Flexible, and willing to take calculated risks and take accountability for the outcomes.
- Understands applicable Federal and State employment laws
- Self-starter; must be able to work independently.
- Committed to customer service, confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and ability to think analytically.
ABOUT DJO GLOBAL
DJO Global is a leading global developer, manufacturer and distributor of high-quality medical devices that provide solutions for musculoskeletal health, vascular health and pain management. Our products address the continuum of patient care from injury prevention to rehabilitation after surgery, injury or from degenerative disease, enabling people to regain or maintain their natural motion. Our products are used by orthopedic specialists, spine surgeons, primary care physicians, pain management specialists, physical therapists, podiatrists, chiropractors, athletic trainers and other healthcare professionals. In addition, many of our medical devices and related accessories are used by athletes and patients for injury prevention and at-home physical therapy treatment. Product lines include rigid and soft orthopedic bracing, hot and cold therapy, bone growth stimulators, vascular therapy systems and compression garments, therapeutic shoes and inserts, electrical stimulators used for pain management and physical therapy products. Our surgical division offers a comprehensive suite of reconstructive joint products for the hip, knee and shoulder.