Director, Human Resources
11 - 15 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
The Director of Human Resources will continuously improve organizational effectiveness and streamline processes to ensure efficiency and accountability. As a key contributor and implementer of strategic human capital programs, the Director of Human Resources will be the main business partner to the Vice President of Global Viticulture and help drive all strategic imperatives to ensure that the function broadly knows its talent, understands collective bench strength, has the ability to move talent across lines and coordinates succession planning at all levels of the organization. This position can be based in the central coast or Napa.
The Director of Human Resources will provide leadership and direction for a team of professionals and support staff that provide a broad range of services:
- Employee Engagement
- Performance Management
- Employee Relations
- Succession Planning and Talent Management
- Compensation Administration
- Recruitment and Retention
- HR Service Support and Delivery
- Organizational Development
- Change Management
- Understand and speak the language of the business, cross-functionally competent, and capable of influencing top decision makers.
- Strategic problem solver, capable of dealing with ambiguity and capable of leading change.
- Measure human capital performance, analytical and establish metrics that measure the impact of HR programs on the company's business.
- Foster a culture that promotes open communication and innovation, and recognizes achievement and success while learning from challenges.
- Proven track record of creating an environment that rewards collaboration and excellence, provides meaningful development opportunities, and in which the team feels a sense of pride, loyalty and belonging.
- Ensure that the Wine Division delivers on our “Build the Best Organization” imperative and increases confidence from the Wine Leadership Team by building capabilities in response to customer needs and aligning HR goals and objectives with the company’s overall strategy.
- Work in close collaboration with the CBI HR leadership team to implement strategic HR related projects and initiatives.
- Act as lead HR change agent to identify opportunities to partner with client leaders and employees to effectively implement change management as a tool to enhance business results.
- High School diploma or GED, including 10+ years’ experience and a proven track record in a Human Resources role
- 2+ years of supervisory/managerial experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)- written and verbal
- Demonstrated breadth and depth of knowledge in Human Resources, specifically in employee relations, benefits, recruiting, organizational development, compensation, as well as training & development
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced environment
- Recognition among colleagues as a business partner and change agent who brings immediate credibility and thought leadership to HR issues
- Track record of successfully balancing strategic direction with implementation and operational excellence
- Track record of building high-caliber teams and accountability within an organization recognized for Human Resources leadership
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local employment, wage and salary laws and regulations
- MS Office skills
- Adept at leveraging technology to create efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- SHRM certification a plus
- Experience in agriculture or viticulture strongly preferred
- Alc/bev or FMCG experience strongly preferred
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment:
- Works outdoors/indoors
- Works in warm/cold climates
- Works in high places
- Works on wet surfaces
- Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
- Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
- Primary office environment may be production/distribution setting