For more than 40 years, North Okaloosa Medical Center has been providing healthcare services to the people of Northwest Florida and South Alabama. We are a progressive, acute-care hospital accredited by The Joint Commission. We believe in providing convenient, comprehensive care in a comfortable setting. While we believe it's vital to stay up to date with technology, we will never lose sight of what's truly important – the human interaction that is crucial to providing quality care. Our goal is to anticipate the needs and exceed the expectations of our patients and their families, ALWAYS.
North Okaloosa Medical Center is committed to offering competitive benefits including:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Facilitates the development of strategies, which align human capital with the organization's short and long-term objectives. Ensures achievement of strategies/objectives by providing HR leadership that delivers innovative, value-added counsel and services that facilitate the attraction, retention, and development of employees. Supports and promotes the mission and vision of the organization through the alignment of the Human Resources Departmental goals with organization-wide goals and objectives. The Director of Human Resources reports to the hospital Chief Executive Officer.
- Conducts fact-based analysis and action planning on difficult issues, such as recruiting, retention, turnover, compensation, pay practice, and labor cost Knowledgeable of and complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations relating to Human Resources.
- Coordinates HR Delivery of all key programs by collaborating with Division Human Resource Director and Corporate HR/Administration personnel.
- Leads the recruiting, selection, assimilation, development, and performance management for the organization.
- Conducts interventions to resolve team issues.
- Increases the capability of the organization's HR functions by recruiting, selecting, training, coaching, and providing performance feedback to HR staff.
- Partners with leadership to ensure key business objectives are met through successful people strategies and practices.
- Provides day-to-day supervision and guidance to HR staff in the development and dissemination of successful practices of consistent, accurate, and efficient delivery of HR consulting practices at the facility.
- Executes and follows up on CHS initiatives, i.e., Employee Satisfaction Surveys.
- Drafts and approves, as required, employee communications
- Complies with mandatory regulatory and credentialing requirements and participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Serves and participates n the development and implementation of plans, policies, and programs, in alignment with facility goals and objectives, in support of the organizational strategic plan.
- Directs the administration of the organization's wage and salary programs and wage survey processes
- Displays strong business acumen, coupled with sophisticated knowledge of human resource policies and management.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, new developments, and applicable laws.
- Ensures organizational compliance with all applicable statutes and regulatory bodies.
- Develops and facilitates reports and presentations for employees, Directors, Sr. Management, Board of Trustees, etc.
- Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish tasks/ goals, or solve a problem.
- Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.