Position Purpose: Direct the Human Resources function for assigned business areas driving an effective people strategy and fostering a culture where employees feel valued and respected. Work closely with management on activities related to talent acquisition, performance management and improvement, policy development and implementation, compensation administration, workforce planning, and employee relations
- Promote and foster a positive work environment through employee engagement and recognition programs.
- Represent and effectively communicate messages, expectations and direction to employees across all levels of the company
- Assist with goal setting and professional development plans
- Advise management on performance improvement and promotions opportunities, including termination procedures
- Identify and implement best practices for full lifecycle of employee development including recruitment, orientation, training and development, performance management, retention and succession planning
- Partner with management to evaluate staffing needs, develop the appropriate organizational structure, define roles, and create communication plans regarding organizational change
- Communicate and provide guidance to ensure compliance with the company’s policies and procedures as well as local, state and Federal employment regulations to reduce risk and achieve satisfactory outcomes
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field. Master’s degree preferred. 7+ years of human resources experience, preferably in the Human Resources Generalist area. Previous talent acquisition experience preferred. Solid understanding of employment laws and regulations required. Previous management experience, including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing performance of staff.
License/Certification: SPHR certification preferred.