The Vintage Hospital is specifically designed to offer a compassionate healing environment while providing its unique brand of care to the Northwest Houston community. As well as named one of “The 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals in the United States.” for 2014 by Soliant Health, a leading specialty healthcare staffing provider and part of Adecco Group.
The Director of Human Resources (HR) will serve as an integral part of the operational leadership team of the HR department. The Director will provide HR guidance to support business planning and deliver on key goals.
• Bachelor’s degree • Healthcare experience preferred
Minimum years in field previous to employment:
• Seven (7) or more years of progressive HR responsibility; working in multiple HR disciplines; within a highly complex organization
1. Partner: Participates as part of the operational leadership team of assigned business unit or service line. Functions as a trusted advisor, partner and active member on the assigned area(s) leadership team(s) by providing HR guidance to support business planning and deliver on key goals.
2. Strategic Alignment: Works collaboratively with designated partners to support and maximize operational performance with particular attention to those activities that lead to the successful accomplishment of organizational strategic priorities and goals.Partners to ensure strategic alignment of business unit/service line work with organizational goals, processes, policies, structure and overall strategy that supports the business and drives organizational performance.
3. Business Knowledge: Understands and can articulate financial and operational terms and practices that are contextualized to the needs of the business unit/service line being served. Drives value by knowing the business and translating business data into actionable information that is used for effective decision making; works with management to understand operational needs and plans, proactively identifying and developing plans for mitigating risks to effective and efficient operational performance.
4. Change Management: Supports the process and use of tools/techniques to manage the people elements of change to achieve desired business outcomes.
Collaborates with key stake holders to support implementation of change management initiatives and ensures objectives are met that drive overall performance, improve business outcomes and align with strategic objectives. Being resilient in times of change.
5. Culture: Integrate culture standards consistent with the CHI Work Community Value Proposition into business unit/service line practices and processes to ensure all employees experience and engage in supporting the desired work culture. Understands and promulgates approaches that lead to the positive, desired work culture articulated in CHI’s Work Community Value Proposition.
Applies results of culture diagnostic tools, e.g., Performance Culture Assessment (PCA) to help craft appropriate plans for addressing culture development needs identified in the business unit/service lines served.
6. Talent Management: Partners with leaders to identify current and anticipated talent needs. Collaborates with the operational leaders and others to develop an effective, strategic talent acquisition, retention, and succession approach.
7. Performance and Leadership Coaching: Provides appropriate advice, feedback and development to improve the effectiveness of individual leaders and their team members. Provides guidance and advice addressing issues that pertain to engagement, performance management, employee relations, training and other areas of Human Resources. Focus on development, collaboration and assessments; coaches Leaders and employees at all levels on a variety of topics such as management skills, conflict resolution and communications.8. Centers of Expertise (CoE) Utilization: Collaborates with CoEs to support the accomplishment of business goals and objectives. Identifies business unit/service line needs to CoE partners for program and resource solutions that support effective people management and operational performance. Assists CoE with the implementation of programs/initiatives to increase awareness and understanding by employees and leaders. Works with CoE partners to develop, implement, and improve processes for engagement and communication between the CoE and Business Partners that ensure the effective utilization of the CoEs on an ongoing basis.
9. People Metrics and Analysis: Provides people data, business metrics and information to enhance effective operational performance. Provides relevant data on people metrics, analyzing and identifying trends and making recommendations in response to operational needs and develop strategies for future opportunities.
10. Employment and Labor Law: Applies an understanding of legal precedents, policies and practices to protect the interest of the organization, leaders and individual employees. Provides effective direction, counsel and advice to management on the interpretation and application of: HR policy and practice, employment and labor laws (i.e. EEOC, ADA, FMLA, HIPAA), Joint Commission, unemployment, etc.