At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
We are searching for a Director, Human Resources Business Partner that is passionate about shaping the employee experience, helping business leaders reach their goals and enabling employees to grow and thrive.
The Director, HR Business Partner is an essential part of the business unit's leadership team partnering with business leaders to understand the work they do, the challenges they face, and the goals they are working to achieve today and in the future. You will use that knowledge to guide, challenge and coach them to ensure they have the talent capabilities needed to drive and support their business objectives.
On any given day, you might:
- Collaborate with leaders to identify and execute on key talent strategies that drive the achievement of business plans as it relates to the operating model, attracting, developing & retaining talent and our culture.
- Influence leaders to take a short and long-term view on engaging in key talent processes including talent review, succession planning, leadership development, and talent assessment.
- Participate as an active member of the HR community, building relationships across the HR team and supporting other HR initiatives and projects. Identify and share strategies and solutions that may be implemented in other business units to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Serve as a champion for Diversity and Inclusion, partnering with business leaders to implement and monitor the success of key D&I initiatives.
- Identify key people trends and insights using HR analytics and external best practices to develop customized and well-informed tactics for driving desired behaviors and business outcomes.
- Lead key talent cycles in partnership with respective HR Business Partners and CoE colleagues. Cycles include talent management & review, succession management, performance management, and annual compensation review. Analyze and report on relevant data required during cycles to ensure outcomes align with pay for performance & talent development philosophies.
- Partner with business leaders to provide organizational development consultation and advice related to engagement, organizational design and change management.
Competencies and Requirements:
- A minimum of 7 years human resources generalist experience in progressively responsible roles supporting a diversity of functional groups preferred
- Broad understanding of all HR disciplines including organizational development, employee relations, talent acquisition, learning & development, and compensation
- Experience in building, linking and implementing programs and processes to business strategy
- A solution-minded approach, with strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to execute quickly, effectively and consistently
- Exercises discretion in handling confidential information, navigates sensitive situations with professionalism, diplomacy and tact
- Proven ability to effectively interact with all organizational levels and build strong and trusted relationships
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent consulting, coaching and conflict management skills
- Strong impact and influence skills
- Ability to work within a virtual team environment
- Confidence interacting with and experience working as a trusted advisor to senior management
- Strong business acumen with a keen aptitude to quickly assimilate new information
- Ability to function independently, with minimal supervision, and thrive within a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to quickly interpret data, identify trends, and recommend multiple solutions
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities with grace and efficiency
- Proficient user of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and HRIS systems
Sun Life Financial is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. Sun Life Financial is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company culture.