Not Specified years
Posted 268 days ago
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Human Resource Business PartnerThe Enterprise Security Solutions (ESS) organization with Mastercard develops and delivers world-class security products and services for customers across the globe. We have a newly created opportunity for an experienced change agent to be the Director, Human Resources Business Partner in our growing technology office in Vancouver, BC to support employees of the newest team members of ESS team, NuData Security and Brighterion, both recently acquired Mastercard companies. NuData is an award-winning company that predicts fraudulent transactions by identifying good users from bad based on their online behavior. Brighterion’s innovative cross channel artificial intelligence (AI) solutions are applied in industries such as fintech, investment banking, biotech, and insurance, offering sales leaders unlimited opportunities.
The HRBP will execute against strategic initiatives designed to enhance HR effectiveness and delivery, and will be responsible for managing and performing a wide range of HR activities for assigned client groups. Underlying all activities is the imperative to successfully integrate employees from the newly acquired companies into Mastercard’s processes, while preserving the culture of the local teams.
This position reports into the Executive Vice President, HRBP for Services and Data, and works directly with the VP lead of the global ESS team, both located in our global Purchase, NY office.
• Act as consultant and business advisor in partnering with employees and managers to enable the execution of business strategies and initiatives.
• Provide advice, counsel and solutions to management and employees, acting as a positive culture change agent.
• Support and guide the acquired organization to transition appropriately, per the integration strategy, to Mastercard HR processes. Serve as HR SME on acquired organization and roles, and play an essential part of future organization alignment, design, and integration.
• Manage employee relations issues by coaching management and employees. Provide guidance on problem resolution, aligned with legal and organizational policies and regulations.
• Provide representation on global mobility assignments; coordinate the immigration documents for outgoing and incoming employees.
• Facilitate the Performance Management cycle, including the talent review process (including leadership development, succession planning and skills assessment) and administration of the year-end performance review process (including partnering with managers during the salary/bonus process, ensuring awards are equitable and budgets are met).
• Working with our Global Talent Acquisition partners, interview final candidates and determine appropriate compensation.
• Attend strategic planning meetings, and department leadership meetings to align HR initiative with operational initiatives.
• Partner with Centers-of-Expertise and other HRBPs on projects and initiatives.
• Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the budgets, headcount planning, and HRIS data.
All About You
• Demonstrated success as an HR Business Partner in a heavily matrixed, global company; experience supporting teams in the technology or payments industry preferred.
• Core knowledge of HR principles, theories and concepts, plus detailed understanding of Canadian and BC employment/benefits regulations and practices required.
• Experience with Workday is a huge plus!
• The successful candidate must have experience building the relationships required to be an advocate to employees, and a trusted partner to business leaders and client groups, to enable the execution of their business strategy and initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree and/or certification in HR helpful
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and initiatives exercising sound judgment, solutions orientation and flexibility.
• Must have strong analytical, presentation, verbal and written communications skills.
•Travel to the US global HQs (Purchase, NY and O’Fallon, MO) 10-20% annually