This role will be responsible for the unique support required for Unum US, Colonial Life & HCM products and services. In addition, the incumbent will be a primary contact for internal, external, and field partners inclusive of sales management regarding these processes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- This position supports Unum Group’s strategic HCM offering as an integral leader of the service team for Unum’s newest business venture
- This position is accountable for interacting and developing strong relationships with internal, external, and field business partners to accomplish the goals of Unum’s HCM strategy, and support assigned venture initiatives.
- Leverage strong partnerships to find resolutions and make it easy for customers to do business with Unum HCM.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners as needed (e.g. UUS/CLA Sales, Brokers, Third Party Tech partners as needed).
- In conjunction with the AVP, HCM Strategy, drive the continuing strategic development and tactical planning for the organization
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the team, ensuring a strong workflow and partnership between the various entities
- Establish objectives
- Ensure quality control
- Record, validate and ensure high service levels
- Provide management reports on a timely basis
- Direct growth and development, and continuous refinement/improvement of existing processes/workflows and services
- May partner with RFP Coordinator to ensure complete and accurate RFP details when needed
- Lead a high performance team, ensuring the highest level selection of staff, training, performance management, coaching, talent development, motivation and retention.
- Formulate budget and monitor variances (cost containment) ensuring optimum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred or equivalent, relevant business experience
- 8+ years experience in the insurance industry preferably in a sales or service environment
- A proven track record of successful operational and/or sales management
- Demonstrated people management experience and skills with the ability to drive change and enthuse individuals
- High level of organization, implementation/execution and project management skills
- Strong understanding of the business and sales via multi-functional experience
- Excellent negotiation and collaboration skills
- Ability to think and implement strategically and tactically
- Ability to communicate, influence and interact effectively at all levels of the organization
- Solid credibility with the Field Sales organization
- May require occasional travel