Department – Planning:
Media Planners at Mindshare are part psychologists, part scientists, part artists, part entrepreneurs, and part politicians. We strategize how brands should communicate with people across the myriad of media channels, and how to do that differently from every other brand.
• Account: TJX (T.J.Maxx, Sierra Trading Post)
• Client and media partner exposure
• Integrated channel planning role – traditional & digital channels, e-commerce
• Clients are located in the Boston area (Framingham) so some travel will be required.
What we love about this position:
• Top three callouts and highlights of this role: recent win for Mindshare with exciting momentum/opportunity to build from the start, super smart/friendly clients with warm culture, very successful company with adaptive marketing at the core.
• What differentiates this job from others? The sheer passion and energy of these brands and a truly collaborative, integrated team culture.
• How do we set ourselves apart from the competition? Agility and data at the heart of everything we do.
How we’ll grow together:
• How do you envision the growth potential for the induvial in this role: High, our primary goal is to ensure our team members are continually growing and that we are fueling their passions at Mindshare.
• What we hope to build together: Creative, data driven media solutions that are adaptive, successful, and award winning!
Meat and Potatoes:
• Brings together different buying disciplines for integration across media
• Supervises a group of media planning professionals responsible for media plan development
• Serves as a key liaison among various media groups that contribute to the overall media plan development process
• Responsible for the implementation and stewardship of all components of the media plan
• Key day-to-day implementation contact for the Client Service and Leadership Team
• Provides input on POVs for new or client requested opportunities
• Set communications goals for each campaign or plan
• Determines appropriate and detailed media mix for plan implementation
• Determines final budget allocation by medium, informed by any research or insight driven by media planning and taking into account the channel contact plan / brief
• Identifies, develops and manages multi-channel opportunities
• Responsible for media budgets based on client authorized spend
• Responsible for leading IATs (inter agency teams), ensuring thoughtful, collaborative, insight-driven, integrated plans
What you’ve already conquered:
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Media Tools and Donovan Data Systems is a plus but not required
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, and communications
• Minimum of eight years’ experience preferred
• Digital media, performance marketing and e-commerce experience
• Comfortable working with budgets and numbers
• Excellent verbal, presenting, and written skills
• Exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities and detail oriented