The Director, HSSE role is responsible for ensuring that Buckeye conducts business in compliance with federal, state, and local environmental regulations. This position will also be responsible for directing the HSSE group within the South Texas District which includes Buckeye Texas Processing, Buckeye Texas HUB and Buckeye Field Services.
· Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Environmental Science/Engineering, Chemistry, Security Management, Health and Safety or related degree is preferred.
· 15+ years related experiencerequired.
· Must possess in-depth knowledge of the regulatory requirements that pertain to environmental quality, especially air quality, the EPA and the Clean Air Act, preferably in the pipeline or oil and gas industry.
· Must have previous management or supervisory experience.
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite is required.
· Up to 25% travel
Certificates & Licenses:
· Environmental & Safety certifications preferred
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
· This position requires someone with exceptional written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, presentation and strong interpersonal skills.
· Good analytical, project management, interviewing, research and problem-solving skills are also essential.
· As a service-oriented job, the position requires a great deal of scheduling flexibility and responsiveness. Additionally, the incumbent must have the ability to handle confidential matters in a tactful and professional manner.
· Ability to impact/influence is an important aspect to training and imparting the Buckeye safety culture. Must be able to work across different business lines/operations effectively.