Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
This is role including the pay level is preliminary pending further review
- Developing the corporate HSE strategy (5+ years) for approval by ELT and the Board of directors and an associated multi year roadmap of strategic goals and objectives
- Ensuring that there are robust HSE Management Systems in place that ensure Hydro One can meet its strategic goals and objectives and complies with Industry Standards including (ISO…..)
- Ensuring that all hazards and associated risks are understood with mitigation plans in place.
- Provide leadership and specialist support to senior management, Board committees and staff throughout the company in the areas of Health, Safety & Environment.
- Understand, interpret and influence the regulatory requirement and best in class performance with respect to employee health and safety, public safety as it relates to our infrastructure and operations, and our impact and adaption to the environment.
- Lead the development of the HSE strategy, objectives and goals and the HSE management systems.
- Direct, supervise and coordinate various specialist areas to ensure that hazards and risks are identified and appropriate mitigation measures are in place.
- Accountable for the HSE Governance model, and directing, supervising and coordinating a team that acts as the Safety Equipment Authority and creates and maintains HSE Work Methods where required.
- Develop and maintain HSE Management systems that are clear and understandable and applicable
- Provides decisions and reccommendations regarding CorporateStrategy, objectives and goals, Hydro One HSE Management System and Governance, Policies, Standards and Work Methods
- Provides expertise on how to mitigate those risks, the regulations in place, the best practices and management systems required to drive outstanding HSE outcomes.
- Required to set direction in the 5-10 year timeframe, that impact Corporate wide approaches and results.
Essential Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years leadership experience in Health, Safety and Environment management
- Proven leadership skills with the demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Proven ability to provide strategic vision with a practical roadmap of goals and objectives
- Must possess excellent communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills with a focus on providing a well maintained HSE culture
- Solid understanding of health, safety and environment legislations, policies and procedures
- Strong Organizational skills with a proven ability to manage and meet tight deadlines
- Strong Attention to detail
- Experienced working in a Unionized environment would be an asset
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.