About the Role
In FTI Consulting’s Corporate Finance & Restructuring organization, we focus on our clients’ strategic, operational, financial and capital needs by addressing the full spectrum of financial and transactional opportunities faced by corporations, boards, private equity sponsors, creditor constituencies and other stakeholders.
We are currently seeking a Director for our Human Capital /HR Transaction Services team. Our Business Transformation, Transactions Services teams help our clients across the entire life cycle by bringing our on-point industry and deal expertise to conduct due diligence, integrate, value, and provide key communications around all aspects of the transaction.
The HR Transformation Services (HRTS) area is a rapidly growing practice within FTI’s Transactions & Restructuring practice. We combine deep technical expertise in the HR, compensation and benefits space to help our clients make informed decisions, focusing on organizational and HR issues that materially impact enterprise valuation and mitigate risk.
What You’ll Do
The Director will collaborate with our clients and internal project teams across the entire deal life cycle. You will use your strategic style, cross-functional expertise, and HR Transformation expertise in the following areas:
- HR Due Diligence (pre-sign): focused on the financial aspects of the HR function, compensation and benefits.
- Merger Integrations (post-sign): focused on identifying synergies within the HR functions, compensation and benefits programs and execution planning.
- Carve-Outs (post-sign): focused on standing up a new HR function, including payroll / HRIS, compensation and benefits programs.
- Performance Improvement (non-M&A): perform current state assessment and identify areas for investment and cost reductions across the HR function, compensation and benefits programs.
How You’ll Grow
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance and expand your Human Capital /HR Transaction Services profile and background. You will partner with our diverse clients and internal teams in various industries to continue to learn and grow in new and complex areas and technologies. Beyond HR Transaction Services, this position will also have the unique opportunity to work on Merger Integrations, Carve-Outs and Performance Improvement engagements as they arise in order to gain a variety of skills towards becoming a more well-rounded practitioner.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 7 + years of relevant work experience in HR consulting or actuarial experience.
- Proficient knowledge of pensions, post-retirement medical, health & welfare plans and / or compensation plans with a top accounting or HR benefits consulting firm.
- Experienced in HR due diligence, carve-outs, HR integrations, and / or HR performance improvement engagements, including implementation of compensation and benefit plans preferred.
- Leadership, financial, analytical, communication and organizational skills in managing HR consulting workstreams from beginning to end.
- 7+ years of relevant experience, preferably within Transaction Advisory Services.
- Skilled in the Financial Due Diligence process.
- Advanced problem-solving and issue resolution skills.
- A strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance and due diligence findings.
- Advanced skills in MS PowerPoint and Excel, as well as MS Office Suite.
- Seasoned and collaborative team player with strong relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work freely in fast-paced, multi-tasked environment, with a willingness to learn and adapt in an ever-changing environment to meet client needs.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills, including report writing and presentation skills.
- Completion or on track to attain, an ASA, FSA, Enrolled Actuary (EA), or JD designations is preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance