KAYAK and OpenTable are seeking a talented, experienced, and highly-motivated Director of HR Operations to oversee our global HR systems and operations, immigration, global mobility, and policy functions. The ideal candidate has experience in designing and implementing global HR operations strategies in order to provide best-in-class support to the organization and its employees. Candidates must be self-starters and able to thrive in an agile, fast-paced and data-driven environment.
This position will report to the SVP, People & Culture and can be located in, or in the area of our Stamford, CT, Cambridge, MA, or Denver, CO office.
- Ownership of the companywide HR operations function (including HR systems, immigration, global mobility, and policies)
- Lead & coach the team to partner closely with the functional experts to build out global processes and operationalize them using HR technology
- Lead a global shared services and systems team across multiple geographies and time zones.
- Continually evaluate the efficacy of the existing HR technology stack, suggest and implement improvements, and ensure all the interdependent systems are performing optimally.
- Manage projects from inception to delivery that are part of large, company-wide transformation efforts
- Partner closely with Finance, Legal, and IT teams
- Ensure that we are positioned to scale quickly and efficiently to meet the needs of the business.
- Proven ability to lead a team, with a focus on team engagement and development
- Independent self-starter, with the ability to effectively work collaboratively across disciplines, is essential
- Demonstrated experience in the various People/HR functional areas, HRIS and other HR technologies.
- Experience in Workday and HRIS implementations.
- Flexibility and creative problem-solving ability is required
- Experience setting and implementing company policies
- Advanced Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.) required
- Strong project management skills with ability to track concurrent project timelines, resource allocations, and critical milestones
- 7-10 years of progressive HR experience with strong business acumen
- BA/BS degree is preferred