The Director - HR Special Projects will be responsible for the overall administration and management of the human resources policies, programs, and practices including compensation; performance management; employee relations; and compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Ensures excellent HR service to all levels of employees and provides HR leadership and expertise as an employee advocate, change agent, and general HR subject matter expert.
- Works directly with departments and senior managers and guides them in carrying out their responsibilities on employee policies, procedures, issues, and employee relations
- Reviews and makes recommendations for improvement of HR policies and procedures and ensures proper compliance is followed
- Communicates HR policies and procedures and ensures proper compliance is followed
- Leads and/or assists in investigations on employee relation issues and provides recommendations to ensure consistency and equitability
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate and/or as directed on employee issues
- Directs, prepares, and administers compensation programs to include evaluating pay ranges against current salaries make recommendations
- Primary contact for employees regarding HR matters, employee relations and ensures questions are resolved or answered
- Directs, leads, and manages key HR projects and teams to include performance management and HR training and other projects as assigned
- Submits and analyzes information for Affirmative Action Plan, Vets-100 and EEO-1 reports other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations
- Update and review policies and employee handbooks to ensure compliance
- Review and update all existing job descriptions and manage the preparation of new job descriptions and ensure FLSA regulations are met
- Conducts exit interviews, analyze trends, and communicate trends to management/HR team
- Comply and directs all immigration paperwork directly working with immigration attorneys
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resource Management or a related field. 10-12 years of experience in the HR field, including employment practices, laws, and federal contract compliance.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications, Etc.:
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) certification preferred
- Excellent project management skills--organized, dependable, ensure completion with results
- Excellent prioritization skills to effectively handle multiple, competing demands
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult issues
- Must handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop partnerships and rapports
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with strong experience in HRIS database systems
To apply, please email: Kaitlyn.Dickinson@haskell.com
Haskell is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities). All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Haskell is a drug-free workplace, all applicants who receive conditional offers of employment will be subjected to pre-employment drug testing.
Bachelors or better in Human Resource Management or related field.