Req ID: 19489
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
The Director HR Service Center (HRSC) is accountable for building a high performing service center team and managing that team to consistently achieve HRSC performance targets and to deliver world-class service to its customers.
The Director, HRSC will hire service center staff, onboard and train them, actively coach and manage performance, and apply technology to optimize service delivery.
The Director, HRSC will also assist with ongoing continuous improvement efforts, including implementation of Service Center technology, optimization of service delivery, refinement of roles and performance metrics, and change management.
- Directly manages HRSC support staff
- Stays current with trends and best practices in the service center and HR service delivery industries
- Collaborates with IS and other key stakeholders to ensure alignment with the broader CHOP service delivery model
- Establishes and consistently monitors performance against metrics and service level agreements that advance the mission and goals of the HR service center
- Manages the allocation of team members across shifts and schedules to ensure HRSC efficiency and customer satisfaction goals are achieved
- Coaches and develops team members with the knowledge, skills, and abilities they need to achieve the goas of the HR service center
- Resolves escalated customer issues quickly and in a manner that satisfies the customer; coaches employees associated with the issue on how to avoid escalation in the future
- Partners with CHOP business leaders to optimize the value of the HRSC to the organization
- Tracks and analyzes HRSC performance on a regular basis to ensure continuous improvement in HRSC efficiency and effectiveness
- Serves as part of the HR leadership team interacting with other HR functional leaders to continuously refine and improve the HR service delivery model
- Creates a compelling case for positive change and builds sponsorship and mobilize champions to make positive change happen
- Bachelors degree in related field
- Five (5) years of management experience in a service center environment
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
- Eight (8) years working in HR operations or field HR
Additional Technical Requirements
- Demonstrated leadership experience in managing teams in a high volume, metric-driven service center environment
- Hands-on experience in designing and building an HR service center, including hiring and training a new team and implementing new HRSC technology
- Customer facing and total quality/continuous improvement background
- Outstanding people management skills and proven track record of mentoring and coaching others
- Ability to articulate effectively moderate to complex business issues in a credible fashion to both team members and to executives
- Effective at using information and data to persuade others
- Ability to manage priorities
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative and experience in building strong relationships
- Proven track record of achieving results in a consensus-driven culture
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.