Job Description Details
The role of Director, HR Portfolio (Project and Change Management)is to ensure that HR solutions are designed and delivered in a way that supports and enhances the employee experience, and contributes to the effective and efficient running of QVC’s business. This position serves as the liaison between HR Business Partner and COE (Center of Excellence) teams, providing insights to COE-led HR deliverables and orchestrating large-scale non-annual HR deliverables, i.e. site start-ups, integration of new processes and systems into the business, etc.
In partnership with market/function HRBPs, the Director also works with relevant functional/market leads on the delivery of operational/strategic initiatives, in support of regional/global strategies.
This role manages People Portfolio team members (direct and indirect reports) consisting of Solutions Delivery Managers, and Change Management Partners. Responsible for overseeing the full People Portfolio globally for all business lines, ensuring a cohesive team members and business change management strategy has been established, while ensuring an effective resource allocation model is in place to meet business objectives, deliver foundational and strategic HR solutions, and maximize ROI.
Partners with HR Services and HR Business Partners to ensure the delivery and effectiveness of global core processes, programs and systems. Identifies themes and provides input into COE’s and HR services to support continuous improvement.
Solutions Delivery - Planning
- In partnership with other HR team members, manages the calendar of strategic solutions delivery activity at a global, regional, market, and functional level, in alignment with Enterprise Portfolio and Management team.
- Lead the design and development of the solutions delivery portfolio and roadmap, ensuring effective prioritization, timeliness and appropriateness of rollout plans.
- Ensures a thoughtful change management strategy is present for all People Portfolio activities, and that interdependencies in timing, resourcing, and other initiatives have been identified and aligned accordingly
- Support the overall global and regional people strategy planning process
- Partner closely with other regional SD Leads to plan out global SD strategies and ensure consistency in approach and initiative delivery at a global level, across all markets and regions.
HR / Business Integration
- Represent market/region/functional business-level perspectives to influence HR deliverables and ensure local relevance, practical applicability and cost optimization are addressed in any solutions.
- Serve as the primary integration between HR Business Partners and COEs/SMEs within regions or functions, including identification of interim/unplanned requests.
- Partner regularly with HRBP leads, market/function leads and COE leads to understand upcoming needs and capacities, including the delivery of non-global core processes required to meet unique business needs
- In collaboration with HR COE Leads, identify areas of strategic skill strength and opportunities, provide direction and guidance to develop team’s skills within the region to more effective meet business need, and champion overall HR team effectiveness.
- In collaboration and partnership with Market/Function HRBP, engage with Market/Function Leads on solutions delivery plans at market/region/global/functional level, to gain buy-in and identify potential risks or issues to effective delivery.
Solutions Delivery - Execution
- Provide input and guidance to the practical application of proposed solutions and rollout, to ensure maximum market/region uptake, effectiveness and understanding, with a lens toward the team member experience and considering organizational fatigue.
- Adjust delivery timelines based on the business/HR readiness and capacity to absorb, partnering with Enterprise Portfolio and Management team.
- Develop the strategy for, and orchestrate the delivery of large-scale, non-annual HR solutions that require a variety of HR teams and/or other functions to design and deliver
- Where applicable, create, oversee or personally lead cross HR/functional Solutions Delivery teams to execute on large scale, strategic initiatives for the business.
- Ensure that the effectiveness of any solutions delivered is appropriately assessed, and refinements/adjustments are made as necessary, and learnings are built in to any future initiative delivery. In partnership with relevant COE leads, ensure that SD team resources are effectively deployed across the region to ensure delivery of key initiatives.
- Ensure and oversee the development of metrics and reporting to support and highlight resource capacity/capability, to enable effective solutions delivery planning.
- Experience: A minimum of 10 years of total business experience, ideally in areas of Human Resources or other related experience is required. A minimum of 4 years in an HR business partner, generalist role or related HR role with responsibilities in areas to include employee relations, staffing, compensation, talent management and development is required.
- Education: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, advanced training/degree in a related field desired. Appropriate professional qualifications (CIPD for example)preferred
- Strong program and operations management skills --resource deployment and process management expertise
- Excellent people management skills
- Facilitation and Training expertise
- Consultation skills
- Matrix Management
- Customer service excellence
- Strong business acumen, capable of connecting business goals to people management practices