Immediate opening. Any interest?
We have been retained by a client who is headquartered in the Suburbs of Chicago, IL and has locations in multiple sites across North America. The company is a leading manufacturer and we have been asked to find the best and brightest for this important corporate role .
Is this you??
The Director of HR will provide expertise and support for the full scope of the HR function including: staffing, employee relations, compensation and benefits, change management, employee engagement, organizational design, communications, and career development. The Director of HR will drive objectives in support of the roadmaps by playing the role of a credible, visible, value added business partner. The Director of HR supports the Administration and Leadership team. This position will have direct reports and manage employee relations for over 1000 employees across North America.
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities; act as an employee advocate; help drive change initiatives and continuous Improvement of HR.
- Key focus areas ?Anticipate business needs
- Ensure that HR initiatives/outcomes are closely linked to business metrics
- Leverage and optimize best practices internal & external
- Serve as a voice for employees ? employee advocate
- Drive Employee Engagement
- Drive customer focus and external benchmarking
- HR Business partner to the CEO and leadership team. Provide advice and counsel to management and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures, and practices
- Ensure positive interaction with employees, survey and measure the business effectiveness with the employee population, assist in the employee engagement process and reinforce the open-door policy that ensures open and honest communication between managers and employees
- Drive annual reviews and associated talent development
- Assure that appropriate training opportunities are provided to employees to further personal, career, and organizational development
- Conduct project work supporting business and HR initiatives
- Responsible for assuring that company policies and practices are compliant with federal, state, and local laws
- Ensure a dynamic pipeline of talent using rigorous performance management techniques e.g. leadership assessments, coaching and development of employees and candid and timely performance feedback
- Drive HR process improvement and simplification with robust HR tools
- Implement engagement initiatives, and manage Employee Relations to optimize the company?s relationship with employees
- Implement appropriate communication tools and systems to ensure effective flow of information
- Serve as an employee advocate, balancing fair labor employment standards, through counseling, coaching, mediation and coordinating investigations
- Proactively manage HR systems in order to maintain data integrity
- Keys to success ?Earn the trust of the CEO and leadership team
- Have the courage to push back
- Establish and run disciplined HR processes
- Leverage influencing and change management skills and experience
- Know the business
- Bachelors degree, from an accredited university or college, focused in HR or similar field with a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist Manager. Prior experience working with an Industrial company and a Masters in HR, OD and/or MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 3 yearsexperience working in an HR lead business partner role with a well-run company
- Results-oriented, ambitious, strategic and a strong leader with high energy level, drive with positive enthusiasm and a pragmatic approach
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent execution abilities, courage, tough-minded, savvy in client interactions, ability to effectively push back and challenge the status quo
- Business savvy and focus and appreciation that HR is a key driver of business value
- Relationship builder- a leader through influence
- Talent Management and strategic capability to build stronger people and organizational capability with the business including training and learning
- Measured, resourceful and able to lead change without high costs and large infrastructure
- Employee relations mastery including knowledge of state and federal labor and employment laws
- Team leadership and team player- collaborative- but decisive
- Payroll and Administration experience, understanding
- Oversee and lead the talent acquisition initiatives for the business.
- Leadership presence and communication skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Proven conflict resolution skills and the ability to work independently with high level of accuracy
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and balance workload to meet deadlines
- Strong and objective analysis and decision-making skills; presentation skills.