We are seeking a Director of Human Resources for the Gulf Coast and Western Region. This position woud lead the human resources organization for multiple manufacturing sites within the region and be based in Lake Charles, LA. This individual would have oversight responsibilities for our Lake Charles, Pasadena and Houston Warehouse, NORCO, Albany, OR, Hesperia, CA (and upon completion of the integration, Baton Rouge) Includes supervision of HR team (initially three professionals) responsibilities. Responsibilities include:
- Full scope HR Business Partner responsibilities.
- Participates and supports site safety programs and initiatives to ensure “No One Hurt” is a reality.
- Partner closely with Plant Managers/Directors and staffs to align HR initiatives, policies and practices to business requirements.
- Development of HR team within the region to ensure experiences and capabilities to strengthen talent bench and readiness and effectively support Grace sites across the U.S and Canada.
- Utilizes Grace People Management principles to guide Plant Managers, Directors and staff on development of site operations team members and performance management to ensure a strong talent bench is in place.
- Ensures alignment with HR global and regional strategies and drives the implementation of those strategies.
- Aligns with the HR service delivery model and coordinates regularly with the HR Centers of Excellence to deliver high quality services for employees, with focus on effective payroll, benefits administration, talent management and development practices.
- Promotes and delivers on initiatives to drive positive culture and workforce climates, positive employee relations, open lines of communication and effective labor relations.
- Prepares for union contract (CBA) negotiations where applicable and participates in negotiation process to achieve successful agreements/settlements.
- Guides and administers grievance administration, working to minimize or resolve at lowest possible level. Prepares for arbitrations and other dispute responses to unions and government agencies.
- Utilizes HR and business systems to administer programs, analyze data and workforce trends.
- Prior experience leading a team of HR professionals in support of manufacturing sites.
- Demonstrated success in leading change and driving workforce engagement within manufacturing environments.
- Demonstrated track record in establishing and optimizing working relationships at all levels via excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communications skills to include written and verbal communications. Ability to develop and implement effective communications strategies.
- Proficiency in assessing, attracting and developing talent to build strong teams.
- Familiarity with process improvement tools (Lean/Six Sigma) that facilitate sustainable process improvements
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment skills
- Results and action oriented approach to work to drive performance culture.
- Familiarity with compensation and benefits practices
- Proficiency with HR systems and processes (SAP, HCM, Payroll)
- Creative approaches to challenges, opportunities and problem solving.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology, or related field.
- Minimum of 12years of experience in Human Resources positions with increasing levels of responsibility. Minimum of 5 years of leadership/supervisory experience in Human Resources.
- Prior experience in Human Resources role that included Labor Relations responsibilities. (Contract negotiations participation, dispute resolution)
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in manufacturing environments required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working effectively within both non-union and unionized locations. Multi-site experience a plus.
Advanced degree in HR or related field is desirable.
Prior chemical industry experience desirable.
Six Sigma knowledge a plus
Senior Professional in Human Resources certification a plus.