- Member of the country/site leadership team.
- Participates in the leadership team meetings, representing the HR function and contributes to country/site strategic and operational business decisions.
- Consults the country/site leadership team in all HR relevant strategic and operational topics in alignment with the regional/global HR strategy and priorities.
- Provides strategic HR support to business leaders to support achievement of organizational objectives, ensuring business needs are translated into HR initiatives.
- Understands organization strategies and proactively analyzes metrics and analytics, and provides information, analysis, and insight to influence decision making.
- Coaches leaders and provides guidance regarding organization capability and workforce planning, retention, rewards and incentives, and leadership development.
- Is the key point of contact for all HR matters for Senior Manager level positions and above. Supports the organization on talent and succession planning activities, as well as other global HR programs.
- Partners with geo, country, and functional HRBP's as needed to ensure seamless and coordinated efforts across the organization.
- Contributes on an ad-hoc basis to functional/regional leadership team driven projects and initiatives.
- Communicates needs for localized policy and procedure to the Centers of Expertise (CoEs) and the Shared Services Organization (SSO) to ensure localized variations are appropriately approved and accommodated.
- Communicates developing organizational requirements into CoEs and SSO. May be involved in selected senior management talent acquisition searches.
- May be involved in disciplinary action/grievances/compliance/investigations as applicable. Ensures compliance with local labor law (including maintaining Works Council relationships where needed).
- Partners with the Head Projects and Continuous Improvements to ensure implemented business changes are delivered in a timely and coherent manner.
- Performs all required responsibilities including but not limited to: implementing the company's policies, programs, and guidelines; knowing Varian's business; and maintaining functional, technical, and external market awareness necessary for partnering with the organization.
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in "industry" supporting a diverse, complex, service and production environment.
- 10+ years HR experience with a minimum of 3 years in an mid-level employee relations or business partner role.
- A collaborative and result-oriented individual with a detailed oriented, partner-oriented and solutions driven mindset.
- Ability, competence, and confidence to influence key decision makers.
- Effective interpersonal skills. Other Desired Skills and Knowledge
- SPHR or other professional HR qualification. Required Certifications and Training
- Obtains and completes LMS training plan specific to assigned responsibility. Experience Level with Business Tools
- Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired. Knowledge As an expert in the field, uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters. Job Complexity Works on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products or technologies. Interaction Creates formal networks with key decision makers and serves as external spokesperson for the organization. Supervision Exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments. Typical Education and Experience Post-Graduate Degree (or equivalent experience) 15 years of related experience.