Director HR Business Partner
Our people team is growing and we have a need for a senior-level HR Business Partner to be the bridge between HR, the business and other cross-functional teams, leading critical people and performance-focused changes that align with our strong company culture and values.
We’re looking for a Director HR Business Partner who will partner closely with three senior G&A leaders - the SVP of People, Communications & Places, CFO and General Counsel - to align people and strategy. You will have an opportunity to drive significant business growth and make an immediate impact through your expertise in organizational design, talent management strategy, and leadership coaching, all while acting as a steward of Ripple’s culture. As part of our People function, your #1 goal is to design, build and execute the talent strategy that drives our success.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Be a trusted and strategic advisor, providing support from the executives to the employees within the teams that you own
- Partner closely with experienced executive-level management through to first-time managers on HR policies and issues, org or team structure and design, and employee development
- Execute global and local HR programs and processes (e.g., talent management, succession planning, performance management, development planning, compensation planning)
- Provide business leaders with data, findings, and recommendations of client organizations' "health" by assessing trends in performance, span of control, employee engagement, manager feedback, attrition and turnover, etc.
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex; design and quickly implement solutions
- Collaborate with others (People team COEs, cross-functional partners, HRBP peers, etc.) to build world class initiatives
- Coach and influence managers on how to build an amazing team
- Partner with our D&I team to effectively execute our diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 12+ years of experience in HR. Deep and progressive experience as a strategic HR Business Partner.
- Interpersonal skills: Excellent communication skills and ability to coach, influence, and partner with various levels of employees. Demonstrated experience and a passion for strong collaboration with others (People team COEs, cross-functional partners, HRBP peers, etc.).
- Change management skills: Ability to add value through change management; help pivot the culture and improve overall effectiveness of the business and teams.
- Resiliency: A successful candidate must be resilient in building relationships with the business executives, exerting pressure when pressure may be needed, but also choosing their priorities carefully. You are comfortable in ambiguity and can pull relevant components out of complex situations to connect the dots and make sound decisions - you know when to ask for help
- Analytical skills: Comfort with data and using data to provide insights to help advise and influence business decisions.
- Project management skills: establish project objectives, analyze data, prioritize responsibilities, execute project deliverables, track and measure to successful completion
- Bias for action: Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Strong business acumen: Recognizes and enjoys the business side of business. Has knowledge about the organization’s operations and how talent management affects each. Approaches problem solving from a business-first perspective.
- Prior management experience is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity to work for a crypto innovator with a mission to create a financially inclusive world
- Work alongside super talented, passionate colleagues inspired by the challenge and reward in pioneering the future for how money moves
- Competitive salary, equity and 401k (with match)
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness and remote work reimbursements
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match up to $1,000/year through RippleImpact
- A culture that values investing in regular team-building activities and events that are super fun
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai