This highly visible position will be a valued business partner to our CTO and his organization. Providing strategic consultation and thought partnership to enable Lam's Technology Vision and apply our Core Values to the way we work every day.
This global HR position guides, manages, and has full responsibility for HR services, policies, and programs for Lam's Office of the CTO. This position ensures effective and efficient HR operations designed to embody the culture and values of the company, maximize customer trust, business performance, and employee engagement.
The ideal candidate has successfully partnered as a strategic HR business partner for a large global enterprise and has 10+ years of related and progressive HR experience in operational HR, COE, and especially, as a successful strategic HR Business Partner. He/she is a role model of collaboration and is demonstrably adept at fostering teamwork and a high-performance culture, focused on delivering business results. He/she is accessible and prioritizes effectiveness and efficiency in the HR delivery model. The ideal candidate is creative, strategic, globally experienced, and adaptive in leading transformational change throughout a highly-matrixed organization.
- Serves as a strategic HR Business Partner to the Office of the CTO, a future-technology focused, innovative global business unit within Lam Research
- The HRBP's mission is to enable the Lam's technology and business strategies, objectives, and initiatives with relevant HR solutions
- Member of the business unit's executive leadership team, owning the HR objectives and delivering people strategies
- Primary HR contact person for site executives, local point of escalation for HR related topics and serves as an advisor to all functional department management to promote sound HR practice application.
- Interacting with Corporate HR functions (COE's) and HR Operations to provide guidance and input with respect to business requirements to optimize global HR policies and programs, with a focus on fostering a continuous improvement culture
- Lead talent acquisition, assimilation and onboarding for the client group
- Lead workforce management, including diversity initiatives and talent development for the client group
- Lead and/or facilitate client meetings, events, and trainings (e.g., all employees, committees, development sessions)
- Operationalize the Corporate recognition and rewards programs for the client group
- Manage service delivery effectiveness through HR metrics including workforce and talent management trends, engagement and retention trends, and the like.
- Champion organizational culture and company mission, vision, and values for the client group.
- Bachelor's degree, masters (MBA, MSOD) preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification is preferred
- 10+ years in global HR, with at least 5-years at a strategic HR business partner experience, especially working directly with VP level executives
- Current working knowledge of employment laws is required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must, excellent executive presence
- Strong business acumen and ability to speak with data
- Strong relationship skills are a must. The ideal candidate is approachable and adaptable and shows a keen ability to connect with all levels of the organization
- Experience in large high-tech enterprises, preferably in the semiconductor or wafer manufacturing environment
- Proven ability and passion to coach and counsel executive leadership
- Ability to influence without authority
- Agility – the ideal candidate actively prioritizes and manages through multiple priorities, quickly and smoothly
- Able to identify opportunities for value-creating/positive change and can craft a vision and architect a change strategy in collaboration with multiple stakeholder
- Ability to set and manage accountabilities and expectations at all levels, acts quickly to resolve conflicts
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time