Job Description:This position is located in San Diego, California and will provide dedicated service to Cymer a division of ASML. In this position you will support our Customer Support organization and partner closely with the VP, Customer Support. Specific areas of focus include translating business strategies into employee objectives helping drive the strategic direction for the Customer Support organization as well as ensure key HR Initiatives are executed successfully. Additional duties include:
- Responsible for all employee relations issues and provides direction to the organization in regards to company policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance and support to standardize and professionalize human resources processes and procedures. (e.g. policies, performance management)
- Partners with management, manages training needs, analysis, role development, and coaching to build capability. Provides support in building cross functional and high-performing teams.
- Analyzes organizational effectiveness and suggests enhancement, implements organization development interventions, and recommends an organization structures.
- Guides, counsels, supports, and challenges the Executive team.
- Covers activities such as recruitment, organizational/management development, performance management, and assessment/compensation.
- Provides proactive consultation and input to executives, managers, and employees on issues where HR expertise can be utilized to improve business results.
- Contributes to the design of the organization (skills, resources, processes) to suit business challenges and HR strategy.
- Assesses organizational and employee needs and works with managers on performance management as well as succession planning.
- Partners with managers to foster employee morale and engagement.
- Ensures regulatory compliance related to HR records and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or Business-related field preferred. Master’s degreedesired.
- Human Resources Certificate or PHR/SPHR/GPHR certification preferred
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in Human Resources.
- Minimum of 4 years direct supervisory experience.
- At least 3 years of team leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience working and partnering effectively with senior level and international management.
- Extensive HR Business Partner experience working with Senior Executive teams.
- Experience in a high-tech, global and matrixed environment is preferred.
- A good understanding of compensation and benefits.
- Experience with organizational transformation processes.
- “Internal” bridge builder with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Driven, impactful, and results oriented.
- Ability to travel20-25%. Internationally focused and open to traveling domestically and internationally (US Field sites, Europe and Asia).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Demonstrated track record for helping in achieving business results through HR strategies.
- Proven ability to work with and influence individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in change management.
- Project management skills.
- Coaching/counseling skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
This position reports to the Managing Director, Human Resources for Cymer at the headquarters in San Diego, and is part of a global ASML HR team. HR experience working in multinational organizations, with the ability to work in highly matrixed environments is required. Strong knowledge of US labor markets with an understanding of relevant employment laws is required. A self-starter who works well independently and is able to articulate to all business levels and build strong rapport with internal clients. We offer competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(K), and FSAs. We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE