We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!
The Director manages assigned client base by supporting division leaders to develop and implement people strategies to positively impact business goals; drives performance management outcomes at the operating division level to optimize work force; designs and executes on organizational level staffing plans to ensure the division has enough of the right skills and capabilities to achieve business objective; drives staffing needs and ensures work force planning and quality of hires at the division level; manages risk and ensures state of readiness for compliance with employment law, regulatory requirements and work place safety; ensures effective communications across the division, develops and implements strategies for recognition, training, benefits and compensation programs to drive employee engagement and retention.
Required - Bachelor's degree
Preferred - Master’s degree
Required - 6 years of related of experience in operations or healthcare.
HR expertise and experience in performance management, employment law, employee relations, staffing workforce planning, succession planning, talent management, fundamental compensation and benefits principles
Required - none
Preferred - PHR/SPHR
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of patient information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals throughout the patient care process.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard
- Strong delegation skills
- Supervisory experience
- Strong data and analytical skills
- Emotional intelligence to manage difficult messages
- Excellent meeting and facilitation skills
- Leads with a quality improvement focus and relentless pursuit of excellence
- Ability to relate to all levels of the organization
- Ability to create strong relationships quickly with leaders and employees
- Ability to drive business results
- Energy and stamina to lead in complex, fast based business environment
- Drives division business outcomes (labor, turnover, engagement)
- Improves leadership capabilities (performance management, succession planning and talent review)
- Workforce planning (staffing, quality of hires, work force optimization)
- Effective communications and collaboration with COE’s (local training, benefits, compensation)
- Ensures compliance and minimize risk (Employee Relations, Work Place Safety, and Regulatory Compliance)
Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.